Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rammstein - Reise, Reise

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Has anyone else listened to this album yet? My brother has been listening to Rammstein for a while now and I just never got into them, but one day he started playing their new album Reise, Reise and I started totally digging it. IMO it's their best album yet and I can't stop listening to it. Good stuff!

2. I have it, it's awesome, the whole album is top notch.

3. Usually im not that much of a rammstein fan, but this album is nice (except "Amerika" and "Mein Teil" which imho suck)

4. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I'm a huge rammstein fan. Haven't picked up the new album yet though.

5. Yea, those two aren't that great. My two fav on the album have to be "Amour" and "Los". Can't stop listening to em.

6. Yeah Los is great

BTW, the two that I don't like are the only ones that are being played on tv here. :scowl:

7. That's rough.

8. I'm no Rammstein fan either, and from Reise Reise I've only heard "Amerika". But if I ever run across it as a single, I'll probably buy it...
    The only Rammstein album I've ever been interrested in buying, though, is Herzelied, just so that I can have the song "Seeman" hidden in my CD collection. It's beautiful.
    Also, I wouldn't mind seeing them live again. Last time I did, I was quite close to the stage and suddenly, the chilly summer night didn't seem as chilly. If you know what I mean. ;)

9. Did you ever hear the Apocalyptica feat. Nina Hagen version of Seeman?

10. No. I didn't even know it existed, but now I'm intrigued. I don't like Apocalyptica generally, but if you add Nina Hagen and a good song to the equation, the outcome might be good.

11. personally i think apocalyptica is great, but this song doesn't sound like a typical apocalyptica song anyways.

12. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I used to think Rammstein were great...Unfortunately, I speak German, and my enjoyment of most of their music was completely ruined upon listening to the lyrics.

Which sucks, considering the I really liked the tunes.

13. Hm, I never listen to lyrics. But whats so bad about them?

14. +1 (there is also the fact i dont speak german)

15. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    The lyrics... eh. Take a look at some of the english translations of the songs. The homoeroticism doesn't bother me, but none of it is ground-breaking.

16. The homoeroticism?? What song(s)? I never noticed any.

17. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Buck Dich, etc. I wish I would have seen them a couple summers ago.

18. Hmm, just read the lyrics to that song again... duno i don't see much homoeroticism there, oh well doesn't really matter anyways.

19. pentexlovesme

pentexlovesme

Mar 28, 2004
    Seattle
    Ah, Thought I should give my two cents here...

I used to be a HUGE Rammstein fan back in the day. They were really the first band that I ever truely got into. Mutter is probably my most listend to cd of all time, and I still get a wild kick out the guys from time to time. I was pretty impressed when I first got the new cd, but I haven't listend to it in a while...honestly, I was really hoping for something more. The cd really shines with songs like Reise, Reise and Dali Lama (Which is the best song they've ever recorded, if you ask me) But they seem to fall back into that ol' Rammstein rut with songs like Los and Morgenstern. I don't know...I was just hoping for more out there stuff, something we hadn't seen before. But still a great cd by a great band.