1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rammstein

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fleabee, May 8, 2006.

1. RAMMSTEIN : I dont understand a word of their albums but i think they're frign great..they grow on you like a fungus....check their stuff out

2. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    When they had their big song out "Du Hast", I liked the song a lot and actually bought the cd. Mistake. I listened to it maybe two times, and it's been sitting in my CD folder ever since. I still love that song though. The production on it is killer and it just sounds HUGE!!!

By the way, Du Hast means You Have. So he's saying:

"You. You Have. You Have Me"

I found a really cool site on the net that offers a very unique interpretation of the lyrics.

Check it out!

3. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    The thing whoever wrote this neglected is the fact that "Du hast mich" sounds like "Du hasst mich", which means you hate me, which is also part of the punnery.

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Rammstein is one of my all time favorite bands. I have every album except for the newest one, Rosenrot.

If you want a killer site devoted to Rammstein, you need to check out http://herzeleid.com/. It is the best site out their, IMO. There is a link to the lyrics in English and German. BTW, the English lyrics are literal translations.

Some of my favorites are:
    Engel (I love playing this song on bass. Simple but fun.)
    Ohne dich
    Ich Will (this song just rocks!)
    Sonne

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Mein Herz brennt is my favorite Rammstein song.

6. mvw356

mvw356

Mar 2, 2006
    Brussels
    i think reise reise is their best album, fav tracks in no particular order are dalai lama, morgenstern, links 2-3-4, sehnsucht.
    i'm really impressed with their clever lyrics on some songs and i also like the 'pop' element in their music, cos genreally i'm not really a metal fan.

7. i've been listening to "Amerika" a lot lately...rammstein is one of the heavier bands to my ears :)

8. aaron f.

aaron f.

Oct 21, 2000
    Manitoba
    Their lyrics aren't the greatest and their stage presence can be a little goofy but they do have a handfull of really good songs. Their production quality on most tracks is top notch, especially the drum tones.

Tracks I enjoy:
    Sonne
    Mein Teil
    Reise Reise
    Rammstein
    Sehnsucht (I don't know why but this brings up memories of the old African Queen movie)
    Engel

9. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    They jerked off on the crowd on at least one gig. I dont understand after that how such a band can be appreciated... :rollno:

10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Ehm, wasn't that fake?

11. the crowd would have to be pretty close to the band if that happened...

12. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I saw their singer sport a fake penis that shot water once, I guess that's what he's referring to, I thought it was pretty funny.

13. I enjoy Rammstein alot. I like the sort of "pumping" drive and momentum (sp?) they have in their songs. What genre are they anyway? Industrial metall?
    Anyway, my fav songs are Halleluja, Stein um Stein, Mann gegen Mann, Feuer frei, Mein hertz brent... I like most of their music basicly.

14. I really like the crunchy guitar sound..this is a bass forum but i still think the guitarist's sound is kick ass...wish i spoke german

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I think it's funny that a lot of Germans hate them. They put on this front of "This is what German music sounds like" but all they did was take Ministry and put German vocals over top of it. Not my bag, and the goofy stage antics are a bit much for me.

16. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    They're decent for what they are... I do like "Ich Will".

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Translated, their lyrics are rather deep. I'm a big fan.

18. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I think many Germans also dislike them because of the singer's stupid rolling RRRRRRRRRRRRRR and the fact that their lyrics sometimes resemble the work of a 13 year-old, I still remember how all my music nut friends at school made fun of "Engel"'s lyrics when it came out. Still, I like their riffs and their huge sound and analyzing their music actually taught me how modes work back then, they use a lot of Phrygian and even Locrian scales. :oops:

19. StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Nov 6, 2005
    They have great vidios, too. I like "Let Me See You Stripped" vid, I believe with film from the great 1938 'Olympiad' movie made by Leni Riefenstahl, shot during the 1936 Olympic Games held in Nazi Germany. The vid of "Sonne" is strange, and yes, they do have a huge sound. I enjoy music that is powerful enough that it pulls you into it, and doesn't let you go until the song is over.

20. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Rammstein is just good fun. Absolutely the right thing when I just want to nod my head to a good heavy ryhthm.

My favs: Mann Gegen Mann, Der Meister, Seeman, Te Quiero Puta

My band actually does a cover of Du Hast (not too interesting unless you consider we have a female singer who sings like Tori Amos....much fun)