Rancid in general....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Apr 14, 2001.

1. I saw the RHCP in general thread, so I thought Id make this one. What do you all think of Rancid in general? Matt Freeman, great bassist. Tim Armstrong and Lars Fredireksen, okay to good guitarists for what they do. Can play very fast. Brett Reed, snare drum anyone? And none of them can sing. :D Wouldnt make the best pop group, but a great punk band.
  2. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Love Rancid, saw 'em when they were here a while ago. I don't mind the way Tim sings because with that cracked voice of his you can almost feel his pain on all those sad songs (Olympia, Heart of Gold etc...)
  3. i love the way tim's voice sounds on "ruby soho" and i saw them live a few months ago and they are probably the best live band ive ever seen

and i cant wait to go see Lars Frederickson and the Bastards in two weeks, the're not as good as rancid but im betting they kick ass live, plus they are playing with the Dropkick Murphys so it'll be cool
  4. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Oh yeah, you'd think that Rancid's been around long enough to be bored with touring, but when Tim hits the stage he looks like the most excited guy in the entire place. His eyes are wide and he jumps around all over the place. In Toronto most of the show was just requests from the audience. It was great to see Lars handle Buju Banton's lines from "Life Won't Wait" and the whole band generally punk-up that song.
  5. i'm really hoping to catch 'em on Warped this summer. i think tim's voice is great. matt freeman's voice is punk as all hell!

i think the best thing ever would be if common rider toured with rancid, and at the end jesse would come back up and sing just a couple op ivy songs with tim and matt, like soundsystem and unity or whatever. i could die a happy man.
  6. Thatd would be awesome.
  7. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    They are really cool, but where can I hear Matt Freeman sing?
  8. try some of the stuff from their fist self titled alblum. it's not as great as the others(in my opinion) but that was before Lars was around and Matt did a lot of singing

id love to see an operation ivy reunion tour(especially since they broke up when i was 6 years old) but i dont think any of them would to it because they would probably just be labeled as sellouts for trying to reunite a band that became tremendously popular after they broke up

but i still like Rancid and Common Rider even without an operation ivy reunion
  9. You can hear Matt singing on the new album too. The songs are "Reconciliation", "Rigged on a Fix" and "Black Derby Jacket"
  10. Rancid is one hell of a great band. I picked up 2 of theirs today, Op Ivy and Let's Go, all I have left is the new one.

Rancid is IMHO the best band of the 90's, not punk band, any band. Id pick them over Nirvana anyday
  11. rancid is punk at punk's core. none of that mediocre.