Rancid - Maxwell Murder

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by aabassist, Jun 17, 2003.

1. I just wondered about the solo in this song, is it supposed to be very hard to play or not? I've only just started learning the song now and the solo is the bit i can't get, everything else is easy in my opinion.

I don't really know what to ask, im just trying to find a way to help me learn the solo, like techniques i should use, if there are any. I guess one question could be:

Has anyone learnt the song inc. solo from the tab listed on TalkBass??
  2. I think the hardest part about it is its speed. The solo itself is basically just going up and down the major scale. I think he may change keys once during it, but that's it.

I never bothered to learn the solo, but I know there are some people around here to have. I think they got it from listening to the song and not the tabs.

There have been a good number of posts about 'Maxwell Murder'. I would reccommend using the search feature, and search for 'Maxwell Murder' in the title of some posts. You'll probably be able to pick up something from those.
  3. yea, i agree, the basic problem is the speed, i would just keep trying to practice it against the CD, the tab is useful for knowing what to play, but not WHEN to play. its pretty much a major scale, but he does tend to go up and down the neck a bit (atleast in the tabs iv seen) and where he does i just tend to find an easier place to place it in comparission (sp?) to wherever i am, ie. change string instead of moving 8+ frets or whatever! hope that helps at all!