Rancid/NOFX split

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Mar 3, 2002.

1. i haven't heard this one yet, but i was wondering if anyone else has. basically it's each band covering 6 songs by the other band. worked pretty well for HWM and alkaline trio, this has a lot of potential. i'm especially interested in NOFX's take on "radio" and rancid's "don't call me white."
  2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Ah yes,I've been waiting for this cd to come out for a long time,and it comes out tommorow!I'm gonna get it on Saturday with birthday money."dont call me white" should sound good,yet funny by rancid.

Hey DHC,speaking of hot water music,I'm going to their concert on Saturday...:D ;) :p
  3. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Freeman sings "Dont Call Me White". My friends hate his singing but I like it. It sounds like hardcore Oi. Freeman also really spices up some of Fat's bass lines. I only got to listen to a few other songs but IMO NOFX could have picked some better songs to cover. I think its a pretty cool CD but I dont think I would buy it.
  4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i just looked at the track listing,they could of chose some better songs!i dont wanna buy it anymore...:(
  5. well, i bought it tonight, along with the new Trail of Dead (my take on that tomorrow!). i really enjoy it. i think rancid could have done a slightly better job (although they really punk out "the brews"), but NOFX completely knocked this one out of the park. the cover of "radio" is hilarious, at least download that one if you're not gonna buy the cd.
  6. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Hey,thanks DHC.I downloaded "radio" and "the brews".Radio was quite funny.On ''the brews'',matt freeman was AMAZING!I gotta learn that.