Randall Bass amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pantsman, Apr 1, 2005.

1. I am in the market for a new amp, and i saw a Randall 4x10, 200watt combo for only AU$800. Just wondering if anyone with any experience with Randall could help me out with details, specs and anything helpful, thanks
  2. Not a big fan of anything Randall, my friend owns that exact combo and it's not much to write home about.

Considering you're resided in Brisbane, you were probably checking out the Randall at Guitar Central right? They have a Nemesis 4x10 combo in there which you could probably get for about $1200, which blows the pants of the Randall. The extra $400 is really worth it.
  3. yeah i am in brisbane, i am guessing you are as well, if so add me to your MSN list if you use it, i have been trying to find other brisbane bass players to chat too, i tested out some of the nemesis combo's and i wasn't impressed with the sound, i tried the randall with a USA P Bass and i just loved the tone, same bass through any of the nemesis combo's and it just didn't sound as good, but i have strange tastes, i hate the warwick bass tone, and i hate the necks on them too o_O
  4. PM me your msn address and I'll add you.
  5. Racsen

Dec 6, 2003
    This nice amp i liked it very much and i think it will be my first big amp.
  6. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    I still occasionally gig on my Randall RB100 that I bought probably 15 years ago. One 15", and 100 watt combo, it's done a ton of gigs and never let me down. I just had the original speaker reconed last year because it just deteriorated (I live on Guam and this thing has seen many beach gigs).
    I've never tried the Randall you're mentioning, but I love the one I have and plan on gigging it for many years to come.