Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Randall RB-200X combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassman_Spike, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Hi All,

Looking in a catalogue and there is this amp: Randall RB-200X.

Here are the specs
    -200watt combo
    -4X10" Randall Jaguar Speakers
    -Active/Passive inputs
    -compression
    -7 band graphic EQ
    -XLR line out eith level control
    -Headphone, effects loop, ext speaker jacks

Very cheap price for Australia. I just wondering if anyone has played one before? I am going in to check out soon hopefully, but i cant find any info on it on the internet. Might be a new product.

Anyway hope someone can help me out

2. I've played through one of those. I needed a rig at really last minute (same day), and thats what turned up. I wouldn't say it was bad, though I didn't use the comp or eq, which if you turn off leaves it pretty much as pre and post gain, no tone section. I was running it after my effects unit and an old sansamp DI (we didn't use the built in DI).

I dunno if I'd buy it myself but thats just because I'm not into a big combo type job, more into pre/power/cab setup. I can't really speak a whole lot about it but if you've got any questions I can take a stab at answering them.

Josh D

3. Thanks for the reply.

I've never really heard of randall bass amps untill i got this catalogue and when i saw the price ($750 aud, which you should no is extremely cheap for 200watts) i just brushed past it thinking it was a guitar amp. After closer inspection i saw it was a bass combo.
    Now im quite interested in trying it out. You say it was big....is that like real big? its a 410 so im guessing it will quite large.
    Also does anyone no about the reliability of Randall amps?
    There seems to lots of guitar amps so surely they cant be too unreliable.

4. By big I mean pretty much a 4x10 with the head on top, which is what it is. Half the guys are probly laughing at me describing it as big but the head is like the straw the broke the camels back, not really a lot but just enough to annoy me. It was heavy-ish, I was carrying it around on my own, somewhat to the amazement of the guitarists but I'm not known as a little fella.

Reliability, worked first time and everytime for me, although I only had it for three days.

Josh D

5. Thanks again.... I guess i'll just go try it out now and let you no how it turns out