Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Randall RBA500 -- REDUCED TO $200

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Hategear, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    REDUCED PRICE! I am interested in selling my handy-dandy Randall RBA500 bass amp. This is a "real" (that's a link, people) Randall amp (Randall is now owned by Washburn), which makes this a real piece of Americana! This thing has never left me stranded and I used it regularly for about four years or so. When I bought it, I had all of the switches, jacks and pots cleaned and the power switch replaced. Also, the original plug was replaced, not too long ago, with a heavy-duty grounded plug. There are a few minor tears in the Tolex covering, but I'd say it would still classify as being in "good" condition. This baby has two cab outs on the back and is meant to run at 2-ohms (two 4-ohm cabs or one 2-ohm cab). It also has a line out and an effects loop, which is out-of-order at this time (if someone were to buy it from me, they could submit a repair estimate to me and I would gladly take that much off the price. Whether or not you had the loop fixed at that point would then be up to you). The controls are as follows (left to right): gain, treble, middle, middle frequency shift, bass, bass roll filter, master volume. There is also a 5-band EQ, which is footswitchable via a jack on the rear of the head (I never got a footswitch for it, but I do know this option works).

This would make a great first amp for someone (or someone you know), or a reliable backup. Interested parties can e-mail me at hategear@yahoo.com, or PM me here at TalkBass. Make an offer, I doubt you'll be disappointed. Oh yeah -- buyer pays shipping and I also have it listed at Harmony Central for $250, or best offer (it's fifty bucks cheaper here, get it?).

[​IMG]

The Randall logo you see in the bottom left corner has been removed to facilitate the installation of the diamond-stamped aluminum "four-way." Looks good, eh?

I also have a Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus for sale. Click here to check out that thread.

2. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    No one's interested, huh?

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What are the specs on this thing? How many watts @ how many ohms?

4. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Sorry... 300 watts RMS @ 2 ohms (one 2-ohm load or two 4-ohm loads).

EDIT: I just listed this amp on eBay. Opening bid is $100 (I'm too cheap to pay for a reserve price). You can check it out by clicking here. I will continue to relist it until it sells.