1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

random friend requests...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AdlerAugen, Jun 4, 2007.

1. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    Anyone here on myspace had those things? Since I got my account like two months ago I've had 3 people I have no idea send me friend requests for whatever reason, and no explanation as to who they are...

should I flat out deny them all if I don't know 'em, or what? (PS they're all from girls) I've denied 2 but there's one in my inbox.

anyway just thought these things were weird. and these people aren't even friends of my friends.

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Are they hot?

3. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    well I don't remember the first two...I was just like *blink* I don't know you *deny* and the third doesn't have any pics up except one of a DJ...so I dunno.

4. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    More than likely they're advertisers who will spam your bulletins and comments. I don't accept anything from anyone I don't know.

5. Yeaup. I used to have it, I liked it, but almost everyone from my school uses facebook, so I switched to facebook. I like both though, but facebook looks more elegant.

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    If they have a picture of a hot chick. That's just "in school". And they only have one pic then those are bots that generate spam in your comments field. Enjoy.

7. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    I like Facebook a lot better for pictures and communication, MySpace is cooler for entertainment because you can use HTML in your page.

8. Yep, spambots, of course you can always deny comments. All comments must be ok'ed by me to get up on my myspace.

join_myspace.png

9. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    I don't accept requests unless I know them personally. I usually won't accept a request from a band unless I've seen them live or I have their CD already...in which case I've probably seen them live.

10. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I immediately assume requests from people I don't know are from spammers. I'll reject the request and report them.

11. Which is why you never get laid. :rolleyes: Just kidding :D

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021