Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rands basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gidbo, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Gidbo

Gidbo

Oct 30, 2003
    Norrtelje, Sweden
    Anyone know any website for RANDS basses and guitars? They made great copies of Rickenbacker, Fender, Gibson and moore in the 70´s. I recently got hold of a perfect 4001 wich I think could be a Rands, but I´m not shure since there is NOTHING on the bass that shows the brand. Would be glad for any help! Lasse Gidbo, Norrtelje Sweden

2. Does this bass have a bolt on neck?

Just curious because we had a thread about the Univox, Ibanez and Fernandez copies, but I've never heard of Rand.

Hopefully someone has.

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. Gidbo

Gidbo

Oct 30, 2003
    Norrtelje, Sweden
    Hello Teena!
    It´s not a bolt on, wich I thing at least Ibanez is. /Gidbo

4. Gidbo

Gidbo

Oct 30, 2003
    Norrtelje, Sweden
    Oops, should be Treena! Sorry!

5. That's okay!

I'm currently searching the web for any info that might be available on this bass.

I hope we can find out what it is.....

[​IMG]
    Treena

6. Gidbo

Gidbo

Oct 30, 2003
    Norrtelje, Sweden
    Are there any ways to tell the maker of a "copy-bass" such as Ibanez, Univox, Fernandez? As I said, there are nothing printed anywhere and all steel parts and pickups are blank. The only thing I´ve found is 3 or 4 blurred signs on the back on top of the neck. Letters or digits, can´t tell.
    I´m confused!:confused:

7. Gidbo,
    Do you a tech in your area who you trust? If so let them take a look at it. They may beable to look at the pickups and find some numbers on them to identify the basses maker.

I wish you luck!

[​IMG]
    Treena