1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Randy Brecker Soulbop (w/ Victor Bailey)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by natrab, Jun 18, 2007.

1. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Featuring
    Randy Brecker - Trumpet
    Bill Evans - Sax
    David Kikoski - Piano
    Hiram Bullock - Guitar
    Victor Bailey - Bass
    Rodney Holmes – Drums

Amazing set. It's all I can say. I just saw them last night at Yoshi's in SF. They've been playing together since '03 I think. I think it's some of the best stuff Randy's done. Drummer is amazing. Bailey is pretty much just holding down the groove, but he does get featured on Skunk Funk. If you haven't seen this allstar band, you need to. Check their tour schedule (and PM me if you want to hear some clips).

2. Man, that must have been great! I need to pick up that live double disc set.

3. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, I picked up a copy and got it autographed by the whole crew. Been listening to it all day already.

4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Saw them at the Detroit Jazz fest two years ago. Excellent show, Rodney Holmes is the man!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021