1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Randy Hope-Taylor

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by markjazzbassist, Oct 25, 2006.

1. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    Randy plays in Incognito. Man i got Positivity and am really digging his grooves. He's got some great licks, and groove for days. Anyone else really dig him?

What kinda gear does he use? It looks like a Fender Jazz on the CD booklet.

2. I saw Randy with Jeff Beck a few years ago and he was playing a Jazz, if I remember correctly.

You can catch a little of him in action here and in a few other Jeff Beck videos on YouTube.

3. bubinga5

bubinga5

Jun 6, 2006
    cheltenham(UK)
    Yeah hes my favorite bassist from Incognito. You should check out Incognito's 'Tribes Vibes and Scribes',and 'Beneath the Surface' hes right on the money! I met him at the Jazz cafe in London and hes a really nice guy too.
    Lovin 'Talkin Loud' and Pieces of a Dream on Positivity, the bass lines are really fluid!... Apart from A Jazz i think he also uses Moon basses and Sei basses, among others. He also played the bassline on Jamiroquai's album version of Space Cowboy.. Check out Cog's site for some good shots of him playing live. www.incognito.org.uk Go to Gallery/Gigs and 96.

:bassist:

4. great player! I need to pick up a new copy of "Positivity"... it's my favorite Incognito disc and my first copy was borrowed and not returned, the second got scratched and doesn't play :(

5. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    'Conscious Mind' by Chizuko Yoshihiro has Randy Hope Taylor on five songs and his tone/playing on the album is awesome. A very 70's funk-jazz vibe with songs by Deodato, Herbie Hancock etc. If like me your always on the lookout for cool RHT stuff, you might dig it.:bassist:

6. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    York UK
  7. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    thanks, ill definately have to check that out.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    You can also check him out on alot of Basia's cd's. He also plays a Modulus and a Moon Larry Graham 5.

9. His Sei jazz bass is up for sale on ebay at the moment.

10. dhadleyray

dhadleyray Guest

Dec 7, 2004
    I thought Randy quit playing? That's the story on the street now.

11. billbern

billbern

Sep 11, 2004
    Daytona Beach, Fl
    Endorsing: Inearz In-ear Monitors
    when i saw him with Beck in Orlando, i thought he was using Markbass amps and Musicman HH SR4's

12. Er, which street would that be?- that'll definitely be a no - this is him at this year's North Sea Jazz Festival with Jeff Beck and Vinnie Colaiuta and Jason Rebello...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCzdKdajEIc

he also stopped by my top bass shop in London, The Gallery in Camden, and bought a new Sadowsky 5 string - the video has him on his Musicman - he sounds great - as do the band - and Jeff is killing.

M