1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Randy Jackson Alchemy Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by GeezerFleaWoote, Jul 27, 2007.

1. GeezerFleaWoote

GeezerFleaWoote

Dec 31, 2006
    Hey. I did a search on it, but couldn't find anything useful. Has anyone has any expierience with the Dean Markley Alchemy strings? I am going to pick some strings up, and some imput would be really helpful, since I know basically nothing about strings. Thanks guys!

2. GeezerFleaWoote

GeezerFleaWoote

Dec 31, 2006
    damn, what do I have to do for a reply around here?

3. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Patience... Seriously, not a whole lot of TBers check the strings forum as the others, and also I doubt a lot of people have used the strings.

I haven't yet.

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Sorry man, but I'm not hip to those strings. Can't comment.
    I do know they are on like every major music store's shelf.
    Go American Idol! :eyebrow:

5. GeezerFleaWoote

GeezerFleaWoote

Dec 31, 2006
    sorry if i sounded a little rude, but it just seems that every time i post i barely get a reply. and btw, i got the strings and they are great.

6. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    GFW, I posted a thread a while back on these strings and it devolved into somethin entirely different...:rollno:

Glad to hear you're digging them. Can you post a detailed review on the Alchemy? Sound, feel, tension, compare/contrast with other strings you've used? I'd definitely appreciate it.

7. saxofunk

saxofunk

Jul 25, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Couldn't find anything?

What exactly are you looking for?

Alchemy Strings Randy Jackson 06-16-07

Randy Jackson Alchemy Strings 06-03-07... no replies but a decent review from a first use.

Randy Jackson Alchemy 02-13-07... 57 replies (this would be the thread steamthief mentioned, it really went down hill... it was ka-razy).

Get some, try them, come back with a review.

This post is sponsored by IFTKA: Internet Forum Thread Killers Association.

8. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    How about a review/ comparison since there's not as much info on it, might help us others.

9. I just got a set of these, but haven't replaced my flats with them yet. Since I just left a reggae band and joined a 'pop' band I thought I'd switch, but my flats are sounding very nice and punchy with the new band. :cool:

I may get impulsive and slap 'em on anyway, but a favorable review might goad me a little closer to the edge!