1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Randy Jackson Bass Guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by aeric, Feb 24, 2008.

1. aeric

aeric

Feb 24, 2008
    Any one recognize the bass that Randy Jackson played in Paula Abdul's video on American Idol this past week?

randyjacksonbass.

2. dominic

dominic

Aug 7, 2005
    looks abit like one of those new schecters.

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Surely he wouldn't be playing a Schecter! :confused:

4. BassmanDk

BassmanDk

Nov 23, 2005
    Odense, Denmark
    Employee - 4Sound, Odense
    But he is....:smug:
    Found this at Schecters site. It's the 004 in black.
    I just thought he played Lulls these days.

Attached Files:

5. tbone0813

tbone0813 The faithless say farewell when the road darkens.

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    Actually it is Randy's song with Paula singing vocals for him. It will be on his new album I believe due out in April.

"Tonight Paula Abdul’s video for the new single “Dance Like There’s No Tomorrow” will get its televised premiere on American Idol (the clip, which features fellow Idol judge Randy Jackson on bass and a brief glimpse of Simon Cowell, got an early Web debut yesterday). The track is from Jackson’s own upcoming release Randy Jackson’s Music Club, Vol. 1, but Abdul is now revealing that she’s in the studio working on her first new album since 1995’s Head Over Heels."

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    As the owner of an inexpensive bass, don't be surprised if it doesn't sound whole lot better than the price tag would suggest. I know at the St. Louis GTG, yesterday, I was blown away by how well my Cort GB-75 held it's own against boutique basses

7. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Also has something to do with the operator.

8. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder

Jul 26, 2006
    New Jersey
    It is nice to hear this, as I can't afford a boutique bass, so the Schecter is really all I can afford.

9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    AMEN!:D

10. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    hmmmm...his bass has been given special ltc...and it probably wasnt even the one on the recording....

11. cdaniel

cdaniel

Nov 29, 2003
    Arizona
    My son recently got a Schecter custom 4 for his 1st full size bass. Nice axe for the money. I steered him toward the Schecters he was considering over an Ibanez. Mostly because the Ibanez was 35" scale

Did anyone actually hear a bass line in that American Idol video? :oops:

12. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    It was funny to see him dancing around in that video with a bass because I could swear I couldn't hear any real bass. The song was pretty lame if you ask me. In fact, I thought it was a joke.

13. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    it was all so processed including the vocal...hard to tell what was going on.

14. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Did anyone happen to see Randy on Conan a few nights ago??

"The Dog keeps it real".:D

15. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I'm assuming Lull called and asked him not to use it in the Paula video....he has a reputation to maintain.

:D

16. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Oh, I'm not knocking it, I know a few pennies go further than they ever have before today, I just thought Randy would be playing something a little more upmarket!

17. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    you play a squier, not that it's not a good bass but still that schecter isn't bad.

A bit muddy for my taste though.

18. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Yeah, but I don't make money like Randy does. Still, a nice bass is a nice bass.

19. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    I was a bit late with that post, but yah I thought that too. He seems like the kind of guy who would be using something more known or expensive.

20. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA