1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rane DC-24 set up confusion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ryan Wells, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Ryan Wells

Ryan Wells

Feb 17, 2009
    I've searched here and also referred to the manual. Can anyone help me out with setting this thing up as a typical mono in/dual band operation/combined out configuration. Here is what I have:

Back Panel
    - Separate/combine switch is set to combine
    - both channel 1 and 2 trim switches are set to +4 (is this right?)
    - Pre amp out to Channel 1 in and Channel 2 out to power amp
    - Crossover engage switch is in

Front Panel
    - Dual/Slave mode switch is out for dual (is this right?)
    - Crossover freq is at ~200 (any suggestions?)

Man, I really appreciate any help that anyone can offer (Bongo?). Thanks in advance.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Sounds about right to me. I don't own one presently to confirm for sure (although I do intend to get another one at some point), but the settings you describe seem right. The only thing is the +4 setting is used if your preamp puts out a +4 dBu output, approx. 1.25V AC. If your preamp is an older one, or only has an unbalanced output, then it might not put out that high of a signal. Check the manual or ask the manufacturer if you don't know.

I tended to keep the crossover around 100 Hz, but it's all up to personal taste.

3. Ryan Wells

Ryan Wells

Feb 17, 2009
    Very cool.

I'm using an Avalon with the balanced, line level 600 ohm out. Would +4 be right for that.

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yes, you want the "line level" jack, on the Avalon it does run at +4 dBu.