Rank your top 2 choices for Tapewounds?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Bassworship1, Oct 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I'm anxious to to hear everyone's top 2 choices for Tapes and what Instrument's they use them on? What style of music you play with them?

Mine are as follows:

Labella Copper White
    Labells Gold White

I use them on my Ibanez Prestige 5005 and Ibanez BTB1605. Sound as good as anything I've tried. I play mainly Praise and Worship Christian music. I love the smooth, clear, and warmth they provide. Sound really good in a live band setting.

2. Mktrat

Mktrat Seriously, are we not doing phrasing anymore? Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2013
    The Mitten
    Labella Gold White Tapes

Nothing else.....

campbems likes this.
  3. BassJuju

BassJuju

Jul 9, 2016
    Texas
    LaBella Black Tape
    * I have a set of D'Addario's to try, but they aren't installed yet.

azfatboy likes this.
  4. azfatboy

azfatboy

May 11, 2016
    La Bella Black (750N and 760N) are the only ones I've tried. But boy do I love 'em!

I also plan to try the D'Addario's on a future bass.

5. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    LaBella 760N'x on two ABG's and a '67 P. All fretless.
    I picked up three sets from Carvin back when they were $18.00/set. With two unopened sets, and the play life of these strings, I'm string secure for the rest of my days.

6. Well so far I've only tried two-

D'Addario Tapes- I currently have a 2-year-old set on my Ibanez acoustic.
    La Bella Copper Whites- I currently have these on my Schecter and LOVE them.

I just ordered a set of La Bella Game of Death Gold nylons for my Squier 5er. I may end up putting La Bella Black nylons on my acoustic. Maybe someday.

7. Well.....Right now I have a set of Fender tapes on my Carvin fretless ABG, and a set of GHS (RIP) tapes on my fretless 5 string Carvin Bolt Bass. I guess they are my favorites right now. If I decide to put tapes on any others I would try the D'Addarios just to give them a go.

8. mikeoso

mikeoso Acoustic Curmudgeon

Feb 14, 2014
    eastern Iowa
    Rotosound Trubass 88s on my Martin ABG
    LaBella blacks on my custom Portuguese ABG

the aim is to emulate the sound of a UB as closely as possible

9. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

750C LaBella Copper White.

Period. :thumbsup:

10. Bergerman

Bergerman Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Creswell, OR
    GHS tapes on all my fretless basses. I use them for Praise & Worship, in a blues trio, and in a rock project. No idea what to do when/if they ever need replacing...I love them!

11. Beavisplaysbass

Beavisplaysbass

Dec 11, 2015
    Labella definitely has been the best tapes I've tried to date. I haven't tried them all though.

12. Jimks

Jimks

Oct 11, 2016
    Kansas
    D'Addarios; I've used them on guitars and bass long ago... and always liked them. Since I'm getting back to playing bass as well and going to the 5 string .... very interested in this thread and what folks are using on their 5 strings. Have looked at the La Bella , and felt they would be a good one to go to, or the D'Addarios.

What is it about what you like, that you like about them ?

13. JonathanAlvarez

JonathanAlvarez

Aug 31, 2016
    Melbourne
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  14. rumblejunkie

rumblejunkie

Nov 19, 2011
    Falkirk
    So far Ive only used the D'Addario and I love them .

15. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Labella Black tapes
    GHS black tapes.

16. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Labella 760N sound so good that my search ended right there, I don't need a second choice.

(Watch, now they'll discontinue them and I'll be SOL, running back to this thread to frantically find an alternative.)

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 28, 2021