Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RANT BOY SPEAKS AGAIN !

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Jeff Bollbach, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Sorry to those who had to get that error thingie but I needed to get some ducks in a row. I am pleased to say they are quite orderly now. The rant has been lightly edited and has had two more short rants added.

Not to brag or anything, but I'm sure my friends here would like to share in a wee bit of good news-I was able to place that quilt bass in the NY Phil.

thanks,
    jeff

2. Very nice! I would imagine that is quite the feather in the luthier's cap. Based on the photos of your work on your website, you deserve to be proud.

Care to reveal the mystery bassist's name?

3. Well, I guess I can cancel my flight to NY.

Congrats, It is beautiful.

Mark

4. Jeff Bollbach

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Thank you, Mark!
    I'm sorry we didn't get to meet this time. I'm sure it'll happen someday. jeff

5. As always Jeff the site looks great.

6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Congrats, Jeff...BTW, where did you find the back wood for that quilt, and how many handsprings did you perform after procuring it?...

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Who took it? It wasn't youngest-guy-in-the-orchestra, was it?

8. Jeff Bollbach

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Aloha Marcus! I did as many handsprings as I was capable of. I got the wood from a mill in Washington state-Randle Woods. The player is Randy Butler who's been with the Phil fo 25 yrs.[not the new guy]

9. Way to go Jeff! That is very cool. Is that quilted piece only two pieces?