Rant: Guitar center/Fender just lost major points with me.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Last week I went up to guitar center to purchase a fender Jaguar HH guitar. There are none there. I figured this as it's not a strat or a tele (because you know, I'm not your average guitar player). I special order it. Ok, my father is there to help me out and plus I like the company. We make the purchase, and the salesmen tells me that he will call me monday.

Monday rolls around, no call. That's fine, I didn't expect much information on it the next working day.

Today: I get home from school and my mom asks "How calm are you?"

She then explains to me that what the salesmen neglected to mention was that it was back ordered.

until March 2006.

That's right. Fender forgot that people actually like choices in their guitars and only have 175 in the GC warehouse.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So my father is going up today to cancel the order, then drive to Daddy's Junkie Music and ask them to check if the one they said they had is in stock (Read: He will stands there and make them call every new england store to see if they have it) after that, he will get back to me and ask me what I want to do.

I don't know if I can find another guitar that will suit me better. I played one in the summer and I couldn't put it down.

Maybe Fender will learn that not everyone wants what the entire world plays.
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
  3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    This is Fender's fault, how, again? :meh:

I hate when people who don't understand how the world works throws blame around in the wrong directions.... :rollno:
  4. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Blame GC for not ordering enough.
  5. AFter going over the pros and cons of ordering online, it would cost too much money to return, so I'm not going that route.
  6. iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Better get daddy to call.
  7. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    If that is the case, why would you return it?

It should be more of a case of "Darn, the one I want isn't available" as aopposed to railing against GC and Fender. It's difficult to determine demand for a particular item. GC doesn't want to carry what may not sell, they don't like having those holiday blowout sales.

8. Hey. I don't have a credit card.

and I have to do work tonight.

My father works 10 minutes from where the store is.

They feel I deserve to buy a guitar early.

Am I not allowed to go all biased and crazy man on this issue? I know I'm not thinking clearly. It's a rant! Of course it's going to be one sided and slanted towards me! I'm pissed off and I'm telling you people about it.
  9. I'm not too trust worthy of internet services. They SAY they'll have them, but when i was searching for my first bass, they kept pushing back the date. Needless to say, it kinda ticks me off.

Also, Fender has proven to be a "bleh" company in my book nowadays. I wanted to get a fretless unlined jazz bass, but apparently, they don't make them. Period. Now i'm going the warmoth route, and it's actually going to be cheaper that i build it myself.(Of course, i still love my 80's fretless p)
  10. Really?! Wow. I was under the impression that was one of their best selling basses.

As for that link you pasted, georgestrings, it's not a "real" jaguar. Here's a link to the AMS page.

11. Fender's back ordered on a lot of stuff. All the time. This is what happens when a company offers hundreds of different models, colors and variations. It doesn't hurt their business because most people will just cave and get something else instead.
  12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    let me get this straight...you're a moderator?
  13. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    It's not that big a deal to get someone on the horn. As long as you confirm that they have an item in stock BEFORE ordering, you should be okay. I know a few people who got stuck on months of back-order lists but... hey, maybe you shouldn't have ordered something they didn't have. ;)

It is kind of a bummer that Fender hasn't made unlined fretlesses (fretlii?) in a long time. But, what're you gonna do? They don't make too many Sherwood Green basses these days, either... guess we can't all win all the time.
  14. Obviously Fender didn't plan on some peristant TB'ers :p :D

15. Effects, so I don't technically count.

I just wanted to let off some steam. I'm better now.
  16. I hope you have played a Jaguar before ordering. They suffer from some niggly design flaws... non stop bridge buzz, strings jumping out of the bridge when you play with any force, terrible vibrato unit that makes the guitar go out of tune if you touch it. :rollno:

I recommend replacing the bridge with a mustang one when you get it - its a direct replacement but it works a lot better. Eliminates almost all of the bridge buzz and stops the strings jumping around as much. As for the vibrato... you could block it off maybe. Its only useful for gentle modulation, dive bombs with send the thing out of tune before you can say "John Fruciante"... :scowl:

Saying that though, they look cool and the contoured body is comfy. Still sold mine after 6 months though, bought an Ibanez SA160QM for half the price and its twice the guitar IMO. ;) Although being an Ibanez, it has no soul of course...
  17. It's actually a stoptail and "Tune-o-matic" bridge, so I wouldn't have as many issues with the vibrato.
  18. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Oh that hurts...

Let me tell TP that he's nonessential.