Rap in Binary

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Wrong Robot, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I was contemplating the nature of hip hop(quite possibly my favorite type of music), and I realized that, as important as the lyrics are. The overall feel is equally important. Verily, I have been listening to japanese underground hip hop lately and, despite not understanding what they are saying 99% of the time, I still enjoy it, more so than lots of american hip hop. So this got me thinking about how I might go about creating a rap using an unconventional approach that focused more on rhythm and feel than lyrics. While discussing it with a friend, the concept of a binary rap was presented. I loved it. So, 2 days later, here it is.

>>Binary Rap
  2. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    I had a listen. I think you're right - the lyrics are often just a distraction. I actually liked it!
  3. thats pretty beast. it's all about the flow... french rap is also pretty cool, from what i've heard.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I enjoy korean hip hop
  5. Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    That appeals to my inner geek so much, it's wonderful :D
  6. thats pretty interesting...it takes the rhythem of the vocals without all the stupid lyrics...very nice!
  7. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    That should be how all computers transfer information.
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I guess I overestimated the geek factor of these boards. I figured at least someone would give a shot at translating it.

It is a haiku in english, if any geeks want to take a whack at it. Otherwise I'll just post the lyrics in a couple days.

Thanks for listening.
  9. Phe

May 30, 2005
    Oulu, Finland
    that's a lot of ones and zeros... I was almost tempted to try and hack it but naaaah....

Gets little boring after awhile. Little changes or variations? To the beat and to the flow. Or something.
  10. this is my new favo(U)rite thread