1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rapid 16th note plucks/pops like Victor Wooten

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by faiz0802, Apr 19, 2010.

1. faiz0802

faiz0802

Mar 24, 2009
    London, UK
    If you listen to Lil' Victa by SMV, you can hear Victor doing these at 1:55 to 1:55. I just wanted to know if there was any particular trick involved in this, since Victor seriously believes in economy of motion, and if there are any videos,sites or resources out there that could help me out. He does it with one finger in many videos, though I can't find any at the moment. I wanted to know if that was just pure practice and repetition, or if there's something i'm missing. Thanks.

2. faiz0802

faiz0802

Mar 24, 2009
    London, UK
    Bump.

3. mat b

mat b

Dec 21, 2005
    Albuquerque, nm
    I haven't heard the song, but.... If it's like a flam or two plucks before a slapped note it's index, middle, slap on downbeat. If it is straight sixteenths then it's most likely thump down, thump up, pluck index, pluck middle

4. faiz0802

faiz0802

Mar 24, 2009
    London, UK
    Nope. I know the double technique he uses. These were straight-up 16th not plucks... very fast and powerful. I know because i've seen him do them with his index finger using ONLY the upward motion of the pluck/pop.

5. mat b

mat b

Dec 21, 2005
    Albuquerque, nm
    Ok yeah I've seen him do that too, I think that's all it is, plucks, I've never actually been able to do it that fast though... I've seen it in a few videos and wondered what the heck? Sorry I wasn't able to help though...

6. faiz0802

faiz0802

Mar 24, 2009
    London, UK

Found it!! Check out from 0:22. He starts there.