Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rappers delight

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Thurisarz, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    There is this thread about this song in the bassist section if i remember right, anyway, the grooves has strike again and i want to learn it

Found some tabs but i think they are incorrect, does anybody have the real tab?

2. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    hehe Bernard Edwards from Chic was the man, ya dig? This bassline was written for Chic's song "Good Times."

Here is a quick reference of how I play it... the notes are correct as far as I can tell, though I figured it out by listening, so I could be wrong...

G---------------------------------------------------------------|
    D---------------------------------------------4p0h5-4----------|
    A----------------------0-2-4-5-7----------00----------0--000--|
    E-0--0--0------00-2-3-----------5--5--5---------------------3-|

Just listen for the rhythm...

3. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers

G-----------------------------------------------------|
    D-------------------------------------4p0h5-4---------|
    A----------------0-2-4-5-7----------00--------0--xxx--|
    E-0-0-0---00-2-3----------5--5--5-------------------3-|

This way it formats correctly in case it didn't show up right for you before...

I also changed those 0s to Xs right at the end because I just play it muted.