Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RARE: 1987 ALEMBIC SPOILER 6 STRING BASS FOR SALE

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by cadre bassman, May 16, 2004.

1. cadre bassman

cadre bassman

May 15, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I'M SELLING A BASS UNLIKE ANY OTHER ALEMBIC YOU ARE LIKELY TO SEE! I LIKE TO COLLECT RARE ITEMS AND FELL IN LOVE WITH THE LOOK OF THIS WORK OF ART WHILE I WAS VACATIONING IN CALIFORNIA! I RUSHED AT THE CHANCE TO PURCHASE IT WITHOUT EVER KNOWING HOW TO PLAY A BASS. UNFORTUNATELY, ITS TOO ADVANCE FOR A BEGINNER AND NOW I'M THINKING OF PARTING WITH MY BASS FOR A SIMILAR QUALITY, HIGH-END 4 OR 5 STRING.

PLEASE NOTE: I JUST FOUND THIS FORUM AND WAS EXTREMELYT IMPRESSED WITH THE NUMBER OF UPPER END ITEMS SHOWCASED. MY WIFE HAS URGED ME TO PLACE MY BASS FOR SALE WHILE WE'RE IN ITALY FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS, BUT WAS HOPING TO SEE THE LEVEL OF "SERIOUS" INTEREST IN THE BASS WHILE WE'RE AWAY. I'M ATTEMPTING TO BE AS DESCRIPTIVE AS POSSIBLE SINCE I WILL HAVE LIMITED ACCESSABILITY TO THE INTERNET. I WILL ACCEPT SERIOUS OFFERS AND POSSIBLE TRADES FOR AN UPPER END 4 OR 5 STRING BASS (E.G. ALEMBIC OR PEDULLA).

MY LOCAL GUITAR SHOP TOLD ME THIS BASS HAS BEEN EXCEPTIONALLY WELL KEPT AND SOUNDS GREAT. THE WOOD IS IN MINT CONDITION (NO SCRATCHES, DINGS OR NICKS ANYWHERE ON THE BASS). ALEMBIC INFORMED ME THAT IT IS VERY RARE TO HAVE A 6 STRING BASS IN THIS MODEL AND IF I WOULD HAVE ALEMBIC BUILD A NEW BASS WITH THE SAME SPECS IT WOULD COST WELL OVER $6,000.

THE SERIAL NUMBER IS 87S4552. THE SPECS: THE HEAD IS A "FLAME KOA". THE BODY IS MAHOGANY. THE NECK IS MAPLE PURPLE HEART. THE FRETS ARE EBONY. IT IS A 32" MEDIUM SCALE BASS. THIS SPOILER IS NOT ONLY UNIQUE, BUT HAS MORE DESIGN FEATURES THAN OTHER GUITARS PRICED IN ITS RANGE AND ABOVE.

"Alembic Spoiler electronics give you access to a broad sound spectrum with simple, gig-friendly controls. Switch quickly between John Entwistle’s punch, Stanley Clark’s snap and ping, Phil Lesh’s smooth, melodic growl (all are or were Alembic players) and other, more traditional sounds like a Jazz or P-bass. The electronics are quiet – ideal for stage and studio."

THANKS FOR LOOKING! THIS BEAUTY SHOULD BE IN THE HANDS OF SOMEONE THAT CAN APPRECIATE NOT ONLY ITS LOOK, BUT ALSO ITS POWERFUL SOUND!

2. cadre bassman

cadre bassman

May 15, 2004
    Denver, CO

3. TheAmpNerd

TheAmpNerd

Apr 25, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    But you want cash for the bass and are willing to sell it
    for $1699 plus shipping?

:hyper:

4. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    And people will respect you more if you use less CAPSLOCK. Nice bass btw.

5. I'm sorry, but I could never play a bass with string spacing that tight.

My hands be too big. :crying:

6. Lowlife

Lowlife

May 28, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    If you're serious about a straignt trade, I have an 1985 Alembic 4-string Spoiler, with a mahogany body and a zerbra wood top with matching head stock, in it's original hardshell case.

7. cadre bassman

cadre bassman

May 15, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I just returned from Italy and reponding to all email inquiries on trading or selling my bass. I'm only interested in a trade for another Alembic. I love the look of my bass and the customer support by Alembic, but I'm just starting out and feel a 4 string would be the best way to start. If your interested in a trade, please include pics, specs and serial number.

Also, I would expect that a 6 string would bring in a higher trade value than a 4 string with same specs. Thoughts?

8. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Definitely let us all know what a cash price would be as well. Some of us have 5s and are seriously contemplating a six at this point...

9. cadre bassman

cadre bassman

May 15, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I have had offer start at $1699 and sense the price should ne in the $2's.