1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD RARE 1996 Fender Jazz Bass 75' Reissue, Made In Japan, Neck 50th Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Alan Ace Cooper, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Price:
    $360 shpd
    Here is a Rare, 1996, 50th Anniversary, "Made In Japan", 1975 Reissue Jazz Bass neck. The overall neck is in 8.5 condition, including the frets. It is very clean and has minimal scratches, bumps, scars etc... I originally purchased this neck for my relic Jazz Bass project but found a long searched Rosewood fingerboard version. This neck plays great, the back of the neck has no dings etc in the playing area. The tuning machines are from a 2000 - 2004 Japanese 75 Reissue "Crafted In Japan" neck. They are the same era, Fender Japanese tuning machines, same as the versions on the earlier Geddy Lee models. I will note: The E string machine has a weird scar, as if someone thought about spliting it, then changed their mind. The machine still functions properly without issue. I have a Hipshot HB2 machine that I can further swap but tried to offer the mounted machines as a complete set.

Other notes and Full Disclosure: The neck is a 3 Bolt neck but has been pro drilled to allow for 4 bolt mounting. So if you want to have White Position Markers for your Geddy Lee Jazz body, this is it! The truss rod gets to limit pretty quickly without cranking it. It was like this when I received it and did not feel the need to return it to the dealer - This neck is solid, straight and well made! I used it with 40 - 100 gauged strings and it was fine. The rod CAN and WILL turn past where I needed it so it was never an issue. This neck will be fine with 45 - 100 gauged Nickel wound strings but I would probably stray away from heavy gauged strings like 50 -110 or Flat Wound sets unless they are the low tension, Thomastik Jazz Flat wound sets. If I felt I needed to really crank it for a heavier gauged set, I would add a washer under the bullet truss bolt. Anyone with light luthier skills and any pro setup shop can easily do this. The nut was replaced before I got it. It appears to be a Tusc nut that is well cut and sounds good and provides good resonance for the rest of the neck.

Individual pictures are available. The Last Picture/photo grid shows the neck on my relic project body. I got the replacement neck the morning of 3/27/15 but used the bass with this neck when my band opened for Kix that same evening. It was removed from the body 3/29/15.

It is a rare piece that I paid $398 + $20 shipping for 2 months ago. I want to get some of my money back.

Shipping via USPS Priority Mail or FedEx Ground/Home with proper packaging and insurance. Lower 48 US states.

PayPal is the preferred method of payment.

PhotoGrid_1427767649250.
    PhotoGrid_1427767750356.
    PhotoGrid_1427767873257.
    PhotoGrid_1426256529985.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015