Rare Blue USA Ibanez ATK Bass F/S

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by egotistical, May 19, 2004.

1. [​IMG]

i just got this bass today... i promised myself that i wasnt going to buy any more basses but when i saw this i couldnt resist since usa atk basses are rare enough to begin with but i had never seen or heard of one with this color... anyway before the bass arrived i knew i was going to have to sell it after i got some bills in the mail that i wasnt expecting... its a shame but i really cant afford to keep it... the bass is in pretty nice shape with only minor dings that dont really show in pics... there is a little buckle wear on the back but nothing that goes through the finish... i plugged it in and despite the old strings on it, it sounds really nice (a lot nicer than the previous korean atk that i owned a few years ago)... before i plugged it in i played it for a while and the d string was vibrating when i played it open, origionally i thought this was a setup issue, but after looking at things a little closer it appears that the string is coming unwound near the nut... im pretty sure that a new set of strings will solve the problem, if not the bass just needs to be set up properly (i dont know how to do a setup or id take care of it), besides i didnt notice the buzzing when it was plugged in

anyway im looking to unload this pretty quickly and id rather do it off ebay, since ebay has been a real pain lately

$400 + shipping (it comes with a gigbag)

ill take better pictures tomorrow, there wasnt much sunlight today and the picture i posted doesnt do the bass justice
  2. You'll have PM in about...2 minutes
  3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Wow, what a killer price. This thing is truly a Stingray/Sterling killer.
  4. pm recieved and replied to

thanks for the kind words scottd

i really dig the bass, especially the neck
  5. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    For those that are not familiar with these, they were made by PBC (Dave Bunker) in PA. and they have his "tension free" neck system. They are killer instruments! If you need for info on the neck system, check out his web site...is different from anyone else necks. Someone will get a steal with this baby.

6. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Bump for a sick bass!
    I am an owner of a US ATK as well, and it is indeed a stingray killer! More tones (usable!). GREAT playability with an amazing neck design!
    GREAT wood grain on the body as well as the fretboard!
    GREAT price to boot!

Jughaid and planetboulder take notice!

All yooz would be nuts not to grab this killer slap/xtra punchy finger style/balls out Bass!

I have been close to letting mine go, but I just love it so much. I am a die hard Warwick player and the ATK provides the perfect amount of contrast in regards to sound!
  7. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    SOMEBODY snatch this thing up NOW!!!!!!

And Bustin: you will regret ever letting yours go. I promise.
  8. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    I didn't! I strung it back to EADG and I'm loving it! I will not sell mine!
  9. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Wowsers. If my car didn't explode on me again, I'd take this thing off your hands.

Didn't I see this thing on eBay about a week ago?
  10. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too

did I call it or what.... good luck Jugghaid.
  11. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Thanks. Now buy my Fbass so I can afford to pay him. :D
  12. id take the fbass for a trade :)
  13. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    yeah mee toooooooo!~!!!!!!!!
  14. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Straight across right? :D
  15. well, actually id like the fbass + some cash for this to be a fair deal lol
  16. Is this thing still FS? Hard to believe....

17. yep, it hasnt been all that long... but its still for sale, some people are interested but have money issues... 1st one with the loot gets it
  18. It's a really nice deal--the bass looks super cool. Best of luck in selling it.