SOLD Rare Bongo 5HSP DD2 Fretless (The ONLY One Manufactured) !

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by basszillla, May 8, 2020.

1. Price:
    $2750
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    United States
    C802C714-9E3A-4077-A72C-409177589981.jpeg Selling my MINT Condition Musicman Bongo 5HSP DD2
    Is the only one made in this configuration in the limited production Dargie Delight Color (I just called Ernie Ball company today & was confirmed - the guy said only 2 HSP 5 str fretless in the 2009 production year, & the other was a Candy Red color)
    Ebony board

includes oem hard case + all the factory included "goodies"
    Prefer local area pickup near central/lower Michigan, but will consider a shipping option
    Its a wonderful bass, but i found something else that i just "have to have", so need to sell to purchase the other .
    Great bass for Bongo lovers & collectors
    No trades, since i am looking to purchase a specific different bass that is up for sale
    Thanks

Additional photos in replies .....

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. Ca$h or Venmo

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  3. PigDaddyE

PigDaddyE

Dec 10, 2019
    I used to have a DD2 5HH until it got stolen. I could not have loved it more. I bet you'll find someone very soon!

4. CryingBass

CryingBass Just a Fool Whose Intentions are Good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Very nice bass.

basszillla likes this.
  5. Thats awful _ hope it was recovered/found

NO ONE 420 likes this.
  6. PigDaddyE

PigDaddyE

Dec 10, 2019
    That would have been nice. Sadly, it wasn't, so I adopted an also-gorgeous Barolo Bongo 5HH. But I will always have a soft spot for the Dargie 2. I love that color-shifting candy apple green finish!

7. 234F1532-FEE9-40F7-803D-EAF0A3E685C2.jpeg More Photos :

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  8. more photos ......

Attached Files:

byoung93888 likes this.
  9. Buy this bass for your Mama on Mothers Day bump

10. The guy from this thread has a Big Al Dargie 2 (NOT For Sale) that has some great photos of how the color change can range from the metallic gold to green to Red in various lighting/angles , to see what this paint color actually does/is !

NBD: My Big Green Al, and I'm Dargie Delighted!

11. here is the drawing diagram of what all the knobs do ......

Attached Files:

12. Flipper

Flipper

Jan 11, 2005
    Spring, Texas
    The GAS...

13. bump for update :

...... i am now thinking of considering a trade on this - Specifically a Kubicki key Factor 5string (18v) or a Reverend Rumblefish 5str ONLY
    prefer about any color if not black or sunburst ideally, but not out of consideration either

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    pfern likes this.
  14. Wimsta

Wimsta

Apr 17, 2019
    Market is tough these days, maybe if there is another round of stimulus I can think about it. Been wanting a fretless... message me if your price drops.

15. Edmang

Edmang Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2013
    MA
    What are you basing the 1 of 3 on? They never released the production numbers for the DD2 as far as I know.

If by chance that information is available, would appreciate a link to it.

They did release the number for the first DD run, and there were three Bong 5 HSp in that run. So just wondering if you are using the first run number.

16. Wimsta

Wimsta

Apr 17, 2019
    I think you're right, the numbers were for the first run.
    It reasonable, in my opinion, to think there was similar rarity in the second run, but it's still just guessing.

This is a beautiful bass, I wish the seller luck. I love the look of the FL Dargies. The DD1 had a really cool Martini Glass inlay, on the FL it was a larger inlay... I keep hoping to see a FL post in my price range.

17. Edmang

Edmang Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2013
    MA
    This is basically a dream bass for me. Love Bongos, and especially love the Dargie finishes. Have been looking for an unlined fretless bongo HSp for a while. Unfortunately don't have the funds available for this price range

18. pfern

pfern PFern Supporting Member

Sent you a PM regarding a Rumblefish 5L.

19. Yes - i guess it was the DD1 #s i had seen, not DD2
    i would imagine this DD2 configuration is quite rare also

20. I have updated the original post - i contacted Ernie Ball today (03-03-2021) & the person confirmed that this is the ONLY one of this configuration/color ...... so it is a 1 of 1 , not a 1 of 3

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    byoung93888 likes this.