1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rare Elgar Double Bass Books

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by 61pollmann, Mar 6, 2013.

1. 61pollmann

61pollmann

Apr 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I am offering for sale three rare books about the double bass. These were written by Raymond Elgar in the 1960s. The first, Introduction to the Double Bass, is a numbered first edition published in 1960 in England. It contains a history of the double bass, accompanied by wonderful photographs of historic basses. The second, More About the Double Bass, is also a numbered first edition published in 1963. It contains great information about basses and famous bassists. It also has beautiful photographs. By the way, these photographs are actual prints which are attached to the pages. The third book, Looking at the Double Bass, is basically a listing of famous bass makers from Italy, France, England, Germany and a few miscellaneous countries. It is from 1967. There are many photographs of historic basses from many of these makers. The books are rare, and mine are in excellent condition. I will get some photos up tomorrow. The first two limited, numbered editions sell for over $100.00 each on the Advanced Book Exchange dealers website. I am asking $125.00 for each of these two. I'm asking $100.00 for the third book. This is a rare opportunity to pick these up in excellent condition. I bought them new in the 1960s from Harold Carnes Bass Shop in Chicago. I will entertain offers if you wish to buy all three.

2. macteacher

macteacher Supporting Member

PM sent!

3. 61pollmann

61pollmann

Apr 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    here are some pics of books

Attached Files:

4. 61pollmann

61pollmann

Apr 30, 2005