1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD RARE-Epiphone Les Paul Standard 5 string bass-flame maple sunburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by road-cat1, Jul 11, 2018.

1. road-cat1

road-cat1 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Price:
    Strings:
    Time to liquidate some of my basses for a new purchase I made. I am selling my Epiphone Les Paul Standard 5 string bass. I believe that it was made around 2000 and is in excellent condition. It plays 100% perfectly with NO issues of any kind. It is set-up with low action and no fret rattle. For an 18 year old bass, it could almost pass for a new bass. It weighs 9 pounds and for a 5 string, this is on the light side for this model bass. There is a fair amount of surface buckle rash that is not below the clear coat. There are 1 or 2 small nicks to note. One is on the lower bout (close up pictures will be posted soon) and on the edge of the head-stock.

This will include the original Epiphone hard shell form fitted case . It has been professionally set-up with round wound strings (I believe they are D-R highbeams).
    I will split the shipping charges with the buyer. Paypal is fine. IMG_0237.JPG IMG_0232.JPG IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0237.JPG IMG_0239.JPG IMG_0240.JPG IMG_0241.JPG

The bass has quite a wide range of tones :
    Rotary Switch: Epiphone 5 string Les Paul Bass

• 1. Both pickups in Single-Rail Mode
    • 2. Bridge Pickup in Parallel / Neck Pickup in Single-Rail
    • 3. Bridge Pickup in Parallel / Neck Pickup in Series
    • 4. Bridge Pickup in Series / Neck Pickup in Parallel
    • 5. Bridge Pickup in Series / Neck Pickup in Series

dave64o and tommyr01 like this.