1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Rare Ernie Ball/OLP Tony Levin Signature 5 w/Upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by moore.jcm, Feb 12, 2017.

1. moore.jcm

moore.jcm Robot Pots

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    Price:
    Strings:
    Originally obtained here:
    SOLD - Rare Ernie Ball/OLP Tony Levin Signature 5 w/Upgrades

For those who don't feel like clicking the link ;)

This Peach Tony Levin Signature 5er plays and sounds as good as any of the Classic 5s. It is in near mint shape and is loaded with the highly praised Mojotone Vintage MM pickup and pre (2 years of research and development).This is an exact duplicate of the pre Ernie electronics even down to the chip and reverse audio taper pots which gives true boost/cut(Over a $220 upgrade). Super low action and perfect neck a nd the control layout is Volume,Bass,Treble and the fourth knob is a push/pull for series/parallel and also a presence control to give you even a little more attack. These a rare and even more so with these electronics. $499 shipped with a gig bag and West Coast add $20

1577217_2196edf0c58fee0f74b29a84ed9ce017.jpg

This bass is what brought me back to stingray world. Shortly after I picked this up, I picked up another stingray that has been my main player since. This bass is fantastic, but it honestly just sits around since I picked up the other stingray 5'er.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    nofretz, G RICH 5 and rogerbmiller like this.
  2. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I had one of these in quilt maple and sold it not long ago. Olp, Tony Levin and music man really hit the nail on the head with this model. It's a great SR5 on a budget. And the peach finish is just awesome!

GLWTS!

waynobass and moore.jcm like this.
  3. bassman28

bassman28 Bass Pluckers Owner Posting in Talkbass Bazaar Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Basspluckers.com
    Sold!

moore.jcm likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021