1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD RARE Fender Blacktop 4 String High Mass Bridge - BRAND NEW

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by NickNardone, May 2, 2016.

1. Price:
    $35
    image. image. image. image. image. Hello all, I have a brand-new OEM fender bridge that I removed off of my Fender blacktop precision bass.

This bridge is in brand-new condition and was removed before using the instrument. It is quite honestly the thickest and heaviest bridge I've ever owned and I'm actually removing it off of the base to hopefully save some weight. Most players who don't mind a little added Weight will love the sustain this beast of a bridge provides.

This uses the standard fender Jazz/Precision five bolt mounting pattern and it is not a string through bridge. I'm not sure if this bridge is available on any other fender models or it may be blacktop specific which would make it very rare. The string saddles are extremely smooth and it intimates very well. Overall it's a great design.

This comes with its original hardware and I will ship it to you for $35.

Thanks guys!

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  2. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Great Bridge! Do you know / could you check if a low B string would fit in the low E saddle? They look very specifically sized...

3. Sure, I'll check tomorrow.

4. Floyd The Muppet

Floyd The Muppet

Jul 24, 2014
    Hey man would you post to Australia?

5. Ok, all I had on hand was a .135 B string and it doesn't quite fully seat in the saddle. I'd say a .125 probably would and a .130 may or may not.

I tried my best to capture a photo... Check it out.

image.

6. Thanks for the offer but I'd rather not deal with the additional effort of shipping internationally.

Floyd The Muppet likes this.
  7. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Thank-you very much for the detail!!!

8. Does that work for you? Can we make a deal?

9. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Unfortunately no it doesn't work for my use.

10. Just lowered the price to $35 shipped.

11. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    PM

12. Sold. Thanks guys.