1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Rare Fernandes JG-65S (like jaguar)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by e.rich, May 14, 2015.

1. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Price:
    5/26 FINAL PRICE DROP: $299!!

Up for your consideration today is a rare piece from Fernandes, a made-in-Japan JG-65S. This is Fernandes’ answer to Fender’s Jaguar HH but with a major trick hiding up its sleeve. The “S” part of the JG line signifies that this beauty is Sustainer-equipped. This effect is essentially an on-board ebow that allows you to hold notes pretty much indefinitely. Popular with the Edge and Joe Satriani among others, you activate it via a small, discrete switch whenever you need some of that extra oomph. As long as you are willing to stand there and hold a note, the Sustainer will be happy to oblige!

This JG is quite versatile and offers a variety of different tones. She is a smooth player with a very comfortable neck. The action is nice and low. Used but definitely not abused or neglected. There are some dings and scratches, which I’ve tried to capture with the attached pictures but nothing that affects playability whatsoever. I am just trying to raise funds for another build otherwise she'd be staying here! The prior owner has this one shipped from Japan at a significant expense, as this series wasn’t ever offered in North America, making her rather rare.

No case or gig bag but I will, as always, pack carefully with an excessive amount of bubble wrap!

Shipped FREE and insured for full value, CONUS on my dime via Fedex Ground. I’m happy to ship outside of the continental US but please contact me for a price on the actual shipping cost to your location. Please ask any and all questions. IMG_4091.JPG IMG_4100.JPG

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
  3. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Monday, price drop bump!

4. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Tuesday, find-me-a-new-home bump. :thumbsup:

5. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Thanks for all of the interest, and keep those questions coming. Bump with a final price drop!

6. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    still-available!