1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Rare Ibanez USATK 4 - Made in USA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smcd, May 15, 2019.

1. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Made in the mid-1990's as part of the Ibanez Prestige Series by Bunker Guitars in Coopersburg, PA. Fit and finish are outstanding. Ash body, maple neck with flamed maple fretboard. 3 band active electronics with coil select. Neck is nice and straight.

This bass is in superb condition. Easily 9½ out of 10. No nicks or dings or playing wear. Factory hardshell case is also in great shape. Only a few hundred of these basses were made.

Description of Bunker "Tension-free" neck design.

$700 plus actual shipping.

IMG_5031.JPG IMG_5044.JPG IMG_5035.JPG IMG_5043.JPG IMG_5040.JPG IMG_5033.JPG IMG_5041.JPG IMG_5034.JPG IMG_5055.JPG IMG_5045.JPG

2. feschyn

feschyn Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2004
    That looks amazing.

dabbler and smcd like this.
  3. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Beautiful, I had a Korean one of the same era, it was awesome, I can only imagine how this one is!! GLWYS

4. feschyn

Oct 10, 2004
    Have you ever had to adjust the tension-free neck on this bass? The reason I ask is that I had Dave Bunker/Treker build a bass for me back around 2003, and while I had it I never once had to adjust the neck relief. I'm just wondering if it is any more difficult than adjusting the truss rod on a conventional neck. Thanks!

Zooberwerx likes this.
  5. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Never had to adjust the neck. The action has stayed perfect.

The adjustment looks super simple. Fast forward to 2:20

6. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    I wonder why they doubled up the fret markers on these Bunker models? Simply as a way to differentiate 'em from regular ATKs, or...?

7. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    I think it's all a matter of aesthetics.

8. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    It is a great-looking bass...:thumbsup::bassist::drool:

smcd likes this.
  9. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    That is pretty groovy, wish it had a neck pickup!

10. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Nope. I've had a couple myself. Just remove the chrome plug situated among the neck bolts and insert hex key. CW = adds relief, CCW = removes relief / straightens neck. It's essentially a first class lever, fulcrum pin @ ~17th fret, and a glorified wheel-puller sandwiched between the neck and heel pocket. I've seen some with the truss rod access on the front / fingerboard.

Riis

feschyn likes this.
  11. feschyn

Oct 10, 2004
    Mine was actually a neck- through model. There was a hole drilled in the the neck like you see with the Warmoth necks with the side access truss rod adjustment.

Zooberwerx likes this.
  12. FRoss6788

FRoss6788

Mar 25, 2012
    Man I want this....

What to sell...:rolleyes:

13. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Well, the hole you see on the side (17th fret) of the PBC / Bunker / Trekker necks is actually a utility access to the threaded rolled anchor pin...you don't wanna mess with that unless you're intending to remove the bar. Not quite clear as to what you're describing...help a guy out!

This is the "holy grail" ATK in my book!

Riis

Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 6:41 AM
    feschyn and smcd like this.
  14. ghettoshelf

ghettoshelf Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    I have one of these. Incredible bass. I had two for a little while but sold one to a guy in England.

feschyn likes this.
  15. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Not sure if it's the theme setting I'm using, but I can't see any text in your ad at all. Ridiculously cool bass.

Zooberwerx likes this.
  16. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    That's a shame because the OP also listed this Saturday's winning PowerBall numbers.

Riis

two fingers likes this.
  17. BK bassist

BK bassist "Apollo's Ghost" Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Gorgeous bass!