RARE Jaco clips w/Michael Brecker & Peter Erskine 1981

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by rsooch, Aug 6, 2005.

1. rsooch

Aug 6, 2005
    For Jaco fans who may be interested, you can find rare Jaco audio clips from 1981 posted on my website. They're from the very first Word Of Mouth performance and I personally recorded the show myself. Great performances all around, not just from Jaco but also Mike Brecker, Don Alias and Bob Mintzer. This performance has never been released and is unavailable anywhere else. "Donna Lee", "Invitation", Jaco's Bass Solo, and much more.

I've also posted a rare Jaco radio interview from 1978 when he was out promoting Weather Report's Mr. Gone album. It's nearly a 10 minute interview, check it out!

Enjoy ... www.ricksuchow.com
  2. b15fliptop

b15fliptop Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Cool! Dug the interview. I hadn't actually heard Jaco speak before, and strangely enough, he sounds a lot like I had assumed he would. Obviously very intelligent, but definitely "from the streets"...
  3. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Awesome! Great stuff from what I've listened to so far, and the quality isn't bad. Thanks!!

For reference, after the file loads in Windows Media Player one can go to the menu bar: File -> Save As... to Save the MP3 to disk.
  4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    moving this over to recordings....
  5. rsooch

Aug 6, 2005
    I've gotten lots of positive e-mail about these rare Jaco clips, some from Talkbass members. Thank you all. Apparently the clips are spreading 'word of mouth', they've now been downloaded in 38 countires and over 4000 times. Also the Jaco radio interview from 1978 is getting downloaded often, a few folks wrote me to say they never heard Jaco's speaking voice and the radio interview was a cool find.

One other thing - this is sort of my own little way at getting back at the greedy Jaco bootleggers who market recordings that Jaco would never have wanted out there, and do so only to line their pockets. I KNOW Jaco would have been proud of these tapes, Erskine and Brecker both were and told me so personally. So once again, feel free to have a listen... www.ricksuchow.com
  6. pauljacksonfan

Jun 14, 2005
    I'm mighty impressed of the overall quality of these clips. The playing is very good throughout in my opinion. After hearing a bunch of those crappy bootleg cd's it's nice to know there are some lost gems.