SOLD RARE no longer in production Godin PJ5 w/upgrades & OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JCBass, May 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JCBass

JCBass Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2005
    E. Village, NYC
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky, Lakland, Euphonic Audio & Rotosound
    Price:
    Strings:
    RARE no longer in production Godin PJ5 w/upgrades & OHSC. I just had DeMarino Guitars in NY wire & install a brand new Nordstrand 2-b preamp, and I had the bass fully shielded along with a new nut. The bass plays like a dream and has the feel & build quality of an American Fender or Lakland USA in my opinion. The sound in THUNDEROUS. It's really a phenomenal bass! This bass is SUPER light weight as well. Comes with original hard shell case and allen key. It's in 9/10 condition. Frets are as new and truss rod works 100% in both directions. It's set up nice & low with no buzz. It has the fancy Q-parts knobs to match the color of the bass, or you can have the original knobs, your choice. In addition there is now one more knob to accommodate the new preamp. I am primarily a 4 string player so this one is not seeing any action whatsoever. $725 shipped or BEST OFFER, Paypal. Please feel free to ask any questions and I'll get back ASAP. You'll be VERY pleased with this bass. It's killin' all around. Thanks for looking. . .

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    JCooper likes this.
  2. TREYontheBASS

TREYontheBASS Supporting Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    What's the string spacing and weight of this guy?

3. JCBass

JCBass Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2005
    E. Village, NYC
    I don't have a scale to weigh it. It's the lightest bass I own; I wouldn't be surprised if it were under 8 lbs. I'll take some more photos tomorrow along with one of the bridge with measurements. It feels pretty normal fender 5ish to me. I like wide spacing and this is definitely not wide.

Hope this helps and more to come tomorrow. Thank you for the questions...

4. JCBass

JCBass Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2005
    E. Village, NYC
    More photos added! Regarding string spacing... At bridge, it's 11/16" from string center to string center. Nut width is 1 7/8". Message me with offers. Would like to move this sooner rather than later. Currently strung with a new set of Rotosound RS665LD. Make me an offer I can't refuse! ;-)

5. JCBass

JCBass Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2005
    E. Village, NYC
  6. JCBass

JCBass Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2005
    E. Village, NYC
    Bump! $725 shipped or best offer! This is an amazing bass for the price point... Might consider partial trades + $.

7. JCBass

JCBass Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2005
    E. Village, NYC
    A couple of very cool trade offers for this bass. Looking mainly for $$$ but open to some trades. Keep the offers coming and thank you!

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  8. blacktocomm

blacktocomm Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2013
    The mountains
    Ive owned the 4 string version of this bass for 15 years. It definitely rivals US Fenders in build quality and finish. Great instruments. GLWTS

JCBass likes this.
  9. JCBass

JCBass Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2005
    E. Village, NYC
    Traded to Ralph! Thank you my bass brutha!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021