1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rare Reissue Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by prsbass, Jan 6, 2007.

1. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    This bass is a custom order from the US fender factory for Mars Guitars. There were only about 500 made. It is Metallic Ice blue and is a '60s reissue. The idiot that owned it before me put a strap button on the heal of the body just below the neck and over tightened the neck plate so it is slightly smashed into the body.
    These two things are the only thing wrong with the bass and don't effect playability. Email for more pics.
    It comes with all the case candy and original brown tolex case. The case candy includes strings mutes, thumb rest and all the fender paraphernalia. I wouldn't be selling this bass if I wasn't in a money crunch. If I get paid before this sells it will no longer be for sale.
    Very collectible, cool looking, rare, great sounding, and playing Jazz bass. $1300 ships to lower 48 in US
    [​IMG]
    IMG_2934.

2. Rumble Bee

Rumble Bee

Aug 15, 2005
    That's a nice bass. I was never a Jazz guy but that is perfection.:D

3. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    Yeah I love the color on this one but I have a '73 all original J and '03 masterbuilt J and just can't justify keeping that many Jazz basses.

4. galore

galore

May 10, 2006
    EU
    I wish I had money... :meh:

5. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    Pay day is coming and if this doesn't sell by the end of the month I'm keeping it.

6. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Hello.. Can you please tell us about the masterbuilt J.. I have seen a few and they are very nice instruments..I have never heard on plugged in... Thanks !!

7. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
  8. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Can you post a couple of pictures of the damage. Also, is the finish nitro? Thanks.

9. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    I don't know if the finish is nitro or not What ever the standard finish for '62 reissue is probably what it is.
    IMG_2943.
    IMG_2937.
    IMG_2938.
    IMG_2933.
    IMG_2936.

10. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    Last bump