1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Rare Rickenbacker SnoGlo 4003 w Checkerboard Binding

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nurnay, Sep 18, 2017.

1. nurnay

nurnay

Aug 21, 2010
    Chico, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is a very rare 2009 Rickenback SnoGlo 4003 with checkerboard binding. I've wafffled on selling this one in the past, but I've got my eye on something that requires me to do so this time for sure. Don't miss out on this beauty!

This was made specially for the Japanese market - I haven't seen another one like it. The guy who sold it to me bought it from the Japanese seller.

It plays and sounds incredible. It's been strung with Chrome flats pretty much its whole life, so frets are in excellent condition. Outside of minor cosmetic stuff (mentioned and shown below), it's in perfect condition.

The pickup cover in the pictures was removed. I have it somewhere, but no idea where. However, I did put a trebel bezel in place, so that's an upgrade! The original cover is just a piece of plastic, you can get one for $20 if you really want one. I don't care for them, they get in the way of my playing.

The bass came to me with some slight yellowish discoloration on the back of the neck where it rest against a guitar stand (the kind with the yellowish rubber pad). I've added a couple of headstock dings since then. Also, the bridge pickup bezel (that attaches to the body) outside the pickup is missing one screw (also pictured - screw is not missing in pic). It doesn't affect play, I'm sure it's probably about .10 to replace, I just haven't gotten to it. I've discounted the price accordingly.

Original RIC hardshell case included.

Price is $2300 FIRM shipped in CONUS.

Original seller pics:

Gallery showing flaws:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Edgar, Snowglo, uusak and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cvdunk

Cvdunk Monkey Hands......

Nov 28, 2013
    New Hampshire
    drooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrool

3. nurnay

nurnay

Aug 21, 2010
    Chico, CA
    And SOLD. sad to see her go. :(