Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rare Trace Elliott L-4080 Cabinet (4x8) w/picture!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by spatters, Jun 30, 2002.

1. I have an interesting Trace/Elliott cabinet. It is an L-4080 rated for 300 watts at 8 ohms (according to the label on the back). These were made around 1997 as an extension cabinet for the V-Type combo and were never brought to the USA.

It contains 4x8" (!!!) Trace branded speakers, two front-firing ports, and the usual heavy-duty Trace black metal grille, in a very solid tolex-over-plywood cabinet. The back plate has two 1/4" jacks, one male XLR and one female XLR. It measures 24x27x17, not including the casters on the bottom.

This is a really cool sounding cabinet. It's easy to mistake for a 4x10 because it looks like one, but it has a very warm sound -- like a 1x15 except tighter, not at all like the usual scooped-mid sound of a 4x10.

Unfortunately it doesn't quite cut it against a 100w guitar stack running flat out, so I'm looking to sell it.

The previous owner must have had some sharp corners on his truck tailgate, because there is a huge patch of Tolex missing from the back and small rips on several of the corners. But the front metal grille is undamaged and it sounds great.

Make me an offer so I can get something loud and hernia-inducing like a 2x15 and the audience can hear me again. No reasonable offer refused. (Please no "I'll give you $150 if you ship it to me" emails.)

email: spatters at red-bean dot com

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    you have mail

steve