1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rare/uncommon/hard to find pedals that are cheap.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by danielfnj96, Oct 18, 2013.

1. danielfnj96

danielfnj96

Jan 29, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Well i'm a big fan of rare/uncommon/hard to find pedals that don't break the bank and love having them on my board. I figured there's probably other people like me and i though it might be interesting to hear about some that you guys know of/have.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Generally, rare/uncommon and cheap are 2 things that don't go well together. Supply and demand is king.

3. pietrocefa

pietrocefa

May 3, 2011
    You have to spend a lot of time looking on craiglist, I own pedals quite rare, sometimes I found at good prices but usually I have negated food to my children, fiddling with credit cards, robbing old ladies.
    ...In the other hand, what can I do in front of a Boss VB-2?

4. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    If they are rare *and* cheap they probably weren't any good to begin with ...

5. I have an entirely rare and cheap and excellent phaser, made in 70's or early 80's, right here by Holden. They made some doozy 200w tube amps which go for peanuts on the pound too.

6. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    Try a ibanez sound tank flanger. It can get ridiculous sounds and they are odd and very cheap.

7. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj

May 4, 2013
    DOD fx25B
    (Killer envelope filter goes for under $50)

8. Fail.

Cheap was only the last qualifier of many.

9. Shish

Shish

Sep 17, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    About two years ago I got theSyle Green Filter here in classifieds for I think $80. I didn't know much about that pedal then but it it's one of wildest sounds on my board now (you can here it in the beginning of my metal/electronica track in my sig). It's really rare these days since theSyle doesn't exist anymore and there were not many pedals made. And it's cheep since nobody really knows about them and they are not very well made if you look inside the box. So yeah, it's a rare, cheap and cool pedal at the same time.

10. danielfnj96

danielfnj96

Jan 29, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Well now that the parties started i might as well share some of mine. The DOD fx63 deep freeze is a great versatile chorus that cost $30 and my Ibanez 1st generation digital delay that was $70 can do some crazy stuff.

11. I have a Boss heavy metal pedal hat was made in japan for my guitar, it's not really rare but it's sought after.

12. Boss FT-2, the "missing brother" between TW-1 and AW-2 if I'm not mistaken. Not as sharp as a mu-tron, but fits my need :)