1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Rare USA Made Acoustic 1200 watt 8x10 Bass Cab | NOS | 810 Cabinet | Ampeg Killer

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by sludgetail, Sep 2, 2019.

1. sludgetail

sludgetail Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Price:
    RARE Los Angeles made 4 OHM Acoustic Control Corp 8x10 fridge sealed bass cabinet is NEW UNOPENED STOCK, never hit the market (they pulled the head that was supposed to go with this cab) and I picked this up from guy who got them direct from Acoustic when it was in LA.

This isn't the stuff that is now Acoustic, after they sold the company 5x to an overseas manufacturer, this is the real deal, post vintage era Acoustic Control Corp respected by real players in the 70's to 90's and brand new. 13-ply Baltic Birch cab (NO JUNK PLYWOOD OR MDF COMPRESSED CRAP) & powered by 8 Eminence USA 150w Drivers (with original holographic logos), this bass cabinet boasts a a titanium compression driver horn/tweeter (optical protection with crossover & control on back to shut off), Speakon Outputs, and a V-pattern on the speakers split into two sets of 4, for max bass, punch, focus and clarity.

1200 Watts RMS continuous power. This thing kills anything made by Ampeg including their high end cabs, plus it's USA made and brand new with high-end rugged bed-liner outer (feels indestructible), no scratches on blue plate (or anywhere), and built in dolly / wheels for transport, like most 8x10 cabs she's not light, but at 148lbs lighter than the Aguilar DB810 which weighs 184lbs (the Acoustic sounds & is designed/built better too).

Don't need to sell but would like the space and for it to go to someone who can actually use it playing out in all its glory, hence the killer discount -- this cab was set to retail for many times more what I'm asking and it's brand new - not a speck of dust on it (has lived its life wrapped in manufacturer's plastic). No scratches, no dents, no shows/gigs -- it's brand new & has not left warehouse. Rolls around great with built in handle-cutouts & dolly and is the sturdiest and most solid cab I've ever handled.

Speakers are clean and PUMP bass, great grit for all you SVT and Tube Amp players seeking some warmth and bite to your sound, c/o the optical horn.

DIMENSIONS:
    46.5" Inches Tall
    24.5" Inches Wide
    18" Inches Deep

Additional Info:

- Hefty cast frame woofers made by Eminence and foster type tweeter
    - Dual genuine Neutrik NL4 connectors & variable tweeter level adjustment.
    - Tweeter crossover w/bulb protection circuit
    - 8 x 150W RMS 300 peak cast frame woofer (1200 watts rms / 2400 watts peak)
    - 1 x 1" horn loaded compression driver with internal crossover and bulb protection
    - 44Hz optimally tuned dual V sealed enclosure design
    - Line-X bedliner style cabinet coating

Local Sale Only -- I'm in Orange County, CA / Unless You Own a Freight Line

SORRY NO TRADES, TOO MUCH GEAR.

ON CL TOO, $50 OFF FOR MY TB GANG. On Reverb for more — (if you contact me there, you buy there - as they check all msgs on sold items & charge their fees)

*Please wait until you have the $$$ before asking to come check it out.

Reverb Preferred Seller Feedback HERE.
    810 Collage.jpg IMG_6362.JPG IMG_6361.JPG IMG_6360.JPG IMG_6358.JPG IMG_6357.JPG IMG_6356.JPG IMG_6355.JPG IMG_6353.JPG IMG_6352.JPG 5FC415F4-EEA5-4D68-B453-623EE6B2ED53.jpeg 0DF62018-6BD3-4A85-B9CC-89B6CBE4F00D.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  2. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it Supporting Member

Dare I ask how much this weighs??

3. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Edit: looked up the specs, sorry - 148lbs.

Also updated specs in pics from Acoustic forum.

For reference the Aguilar DB810 weighs 184lbs, but once you’re talkin 810’s it goes with the territory.

Hehe yeah man she’s going to be around xxx (see above). One dude can tilt n roll and I’m fine sliding her into a lowered truck bed, but definitely not for the faint of heart :) thanks

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  4. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

[​IMG]

cubanz and sludgetail like this.
  5. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Thanks brother!!! Still laughing about Spicoli (I had to go back and watch it!) and you pull out this Napoleon on me :) have an awesome day off brother man!!

Ps: BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!!!

SactoBass likes this.
  6. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

LMAO!!! :roflmao:

Btw, every day is a day off for me since I retired in Dec 2018. So I find myself doing alot of this......
    [​IMG]

sludgetail likes this.
  7. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Love that and love that flick too! DuhJeezuz is hilarious and Flea is such an idiot in it :)

SactoBass likes this.
  8. moe.moe

moe.moe Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Chicago
    BRO!!! If I EVER wanted to "make love to a bass cabinet" THIS WOULD BE THE ONE!!!

:drool: H O L Y

F R E A K I N'

M O M M A ! ! :drool:

(excuse me while I lick my laptop screen)

yonkrz, Razman and sludgetail like this.
  9. moe.moe

Jun 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Oh and a HUGE P.S....

Why is it that ALL THE COOL GEAR IS LOCATED IN CALIFORNIA ???? :rage:

GOSH-The Midwest REALLY SUXS !! !! :meh:

sludgetail likes this.
  10. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Man, I have Saran Wrap for anytime you're in the area, more than welcome to come by :) but as Supafly in Oakland once said, "no eyein' if you ain't buyin'!" :)

Man for me it's the exact opposite -- SO MUCH stuff pops up that's "local pickup only" and Midwest or in the South... definitely goes both ways brother!!! Hope you're staying cool out there and thanks for the laughs and kind words my friend!

moe.moe likes this.
  11. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Goooood looooorrrd! Never in my life...

moe.moe and sludgetail like this.
  12. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    THANKS BROTHER!!! Hit me up if you're ever down in the area and wanna plug in!

Raw N Low likes this.
  13. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    I'd love to pair this cab with my Fender Super Bassman 300 pro. I bet it would sound phenomenal!

Better yet, I'd like to run two of these with a SVT 2 pro slaved into a SVT 300. :drool::drool::drool:

Mmmm...I can taste the tone...

sludgetail likes this.
  14. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    yeah man, I have the SB300 Pro and it's a mean combo. I've got a 215 acoustic cab that I run it with usually, but I've tried it with this setup at home and it was pure evil :) Have an awesome day my friend and thanks for the kind words, always!

Raw N Low likes this.
  15. moe.moe

Jun 22, 2008
    Chicago
    I KNOW RIGHT??????????? :drool:

And with ALL DUE RESPECT, HONOR and PRAISE TO OUR LORD and SAVIOR, Christ Jesus

If Jesus were to ever have a bass cabinet it would be THIS ONE !!

GUARANTEEEEEEEEEED !! ;)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Raw N Low and sludgetail like this.
  16. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

thanks brother!!!

17. oranje

oranje Living deliciously Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2010
    San Diego
    That's pretty damn sweet for only $4.39 a pound!

sludgetail likes this.
  18. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    for sure lol especially compared to some of the competition :)

thanks for checking it out and the kind words brother

19. moe.moe

Jun 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Wait a second here..... !
    Come to think of it, Jesus actually uses TWO of those ACOUSTIC CABS shown up above in order to get that DEEP THUNDERING TONE we hear whenever His thunder is rolling in the skies!!! DUH! :facepalm: My bad !
    I love you Lord!

But then again and knowing Him, it COULD BE just ONE of these! :)

I mean, after all, He IS LORD !
    57EEE060-3C92-45A4-ABF3-D15CF8DCDA96.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    sludgetail likes this.
  20. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    dude you're cracking me up. I am going to go with the Orange Mini Amp theory on this one.

moe.moe likes this.