Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rastop Ring Mod & Effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stevekim, Oct 19, 2002.

1. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    hey guys,

i'm going to order a ring mod from this guy and wanted to let you know about him. the ring mod sound clips sound very promising and they're *really* compact, about the size of an mxr pedal and the prices seem about right. he's got a bass distortion unit that sounds okay but i'm pretty happy with my dredgetone. i'd love to try out one of his octave fuzzes though.

http://www.rastopdesigns.com/index.htm

check out the pictures to get an idea how small these pedals are!

http://www.rastopdesigns.com/pictures.htm

-steve

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good stuff, thanks!

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    does he have any mp3 samples of the ring-mod and/or phaser?

i think it's kinda detrimental not to explicitly state what gear he wants to sell us is being used in which samples!

4. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    bassbrobrad,

yes, he's got sound clips of most of his pedals. there are six ring mod samples, some with fuzz and some with just the ring mod. ring2 and ring4 sound like straight ring mod samples. sounds really good with nice clear bell tones and seems to have more "body" than some of the other ring mods i've heard.

-steve

5. That envelope filter sounded pretty cool.

6. That Super Divider sounded very cool! I think I want one! Wonder how ell it would track for bass...internal trimpots for input gain so maybe well? That EV filter is optical and fine sounding as well. Fun stuff.

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    'kay. found 'em.

but i can't listen to'em! ARRGGHHH!

i try to play a file from his site that i downloaded, but a litten window pops up saying "couldn't find destination format."

it's in a .wav file.

don't...know...what...to...do...

8. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Does the ring mod have input for an expression pedal to sweep the frequency (change the pitch)? I find them useless without one of those.

9. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    yes, the ring mod has an input for an expression pedal for changing the frequency. :)

what is an optical envelope filter?

-steve