Being a cat dad, my cabs and rack were starting to show some wear that I'm sure other cat parents can relate to. Being off of school for winter break, I bought a heat gun and some truck bed liner and decided to make this a project. It was a lot of hard, nasty work, but I'm finally finished (I'll try to get some pics up soon). I underestimated how much work this project would actually be, but hopefully it will be durable enough to be worth the sweat equity. First of all, removal of rat fur sucks. My Grundorff rack wasn't too bad, but my speaker cabs used some sticky glue that probably has enough tack to hold the cab on the ceiling. Didn't need to hit the gym for arms when I peeled that off. That glue wouldn't sand off either. The heat gun got most of it off, but I ended up truck bed lining over the remnants that wouldn't come out. I used the Rustoleum gallon can truck bed liner. It is some nasty stuff. The odor still hasn't dissipated. I thought it would fill in imperfections and seams, but it didn't do so as well as I had hoped. I should have filled first. One coat by itself won't work either. I ended up doing 3 coats, but it took 2 coats just to be completely opaque. This stuff will ruin the roller or brush. I ruined a pair of jeans and shoes just with splatter. While this does look like a DIY job, my cats don't even try to claw my gear anymore. The cabs may sound a little better, but the jury is still out on that. The new finish is very tough and easy to clean now. Waterproof too.