1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rat Tail Settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by slapstick13, Jul 17, 2012.

1. slapstick13

slapstick13

Feb 5, 2010
    Just got my Rat Tail. Lots of knobs to play with. Im coming from a vintage rat. How do you guys set your rat tails? Having trouble finding my sweet spot. What position for the toggle. I found the first position(north, if you will) to sound like the 'stock rat'. And the others to open up the sound a bit more. Having trouble finding unity gain while getting enough dirt.

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Do you want a heavier sound or low gain?

3. This is a good one for a bit of grind. Toggle in the middle.

Attached Files:

4. Grrface

Grrface

Jun 26, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    I usually keep my 1 and 2 knobs at about noon, filter between noon and 2 depending on the bass, and my D knob around noon or 11. Pretty much always on the middle toggle.

5. slapstick13

slapstick13

Feb 5, 2010
    Hey ry . Def a heavy sound. But I noticed if the dist knob is around 1 o'clock it higher it started to compress and I lose my picking articulation and it gets muddy. I like the 1st toggle switch a lot but the middle position seems to cut through more as my guitarist uses lots of distortion

6. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Roll back 1&2 to b/w 12:00 and 3:00. Middle toggle for most articulation. Filter bw 7:00 and 11:00.

7. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Skulletwhip is doin it right

8. slapstick13

slapstick13

Feb 5, 2010
    Awsome I will try that at practice on thursday. So far the pedal is awesome. I was shocked at how close it was to my 1991 reissue rat. Then started fiddling with knobs and I was like oh boy theres a lot more going on. Just a matter of messing around a bit. Thanks again.