Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by All_¥our_Bass, Feb 17, 2006.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Um...why are you starting a new thread AND bumping your old thread? :meh:

It doesn't really sound like a bowed bass to me. It sounds like an electric bass with a volume pedal. Which is a fine sound, but it's not a bow.
  2. All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    I thought I'd get more hits in the effects section as that is what this is baout.
  3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Get a swell pedal.
    It'll save you a bunch of efforts for a better result.
  4. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I'd recommend a Guyatone Slow Volume...it's a clone of the old Boss slow gear. Very cool little pedal.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Then why double post? I'm merging this thread with the old one.
  6. All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    I apologize, I didn't think to post in the effects section until about two days after I posted in the recordings section and there weren't any responses yet, I thought I might get better/more feedback in the effects are, thus the double post.
  7. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Send him to the whippin' post, I say!

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Not at all bow like... but not bad. Want the bow sound? Get an Ebow... not sure how they sound on bass though...
  9. Hey muzique fann, how is the slow volume working with bass? I read it does not track very well. What do you think?
  10. i always wondered why people put such a slow attack on when emulating a bowed instrument. if you play correctly with a bow, that volume scoop should be almost negligable. just my .02