1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rate it - Ashdown ABM500 w/ Mini 4x8 & 15 rig - who's got it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HotRatz, Mar 14, 2003.

1. HotRatz

HotRatz Guest

Mar 13, 2003
    Portland, OR
    :eek: thinkin about getting this rig, got an ABM 300 now and just selling my Portbass 2x10. usin a thumb 5 NT.
    wonderin what kind of experiences y'all've had, yo.....thanx for sharing. :bassist:

2. No experience with the Ashdown, but the speaker configuration is great! I use an SWR 4x8 and SWR 1x15 with an Eden WT400, or just the 4x8 for rehearsals and small gigs.

3. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I currently have an EVO 300 with the mini 1x12 and mini 1x15.

I tried the 4x8 when I purchased the 1x12, and I loved it! It has a great sound, especially with the 1x15. I just couldn't afford it so I ended up buying the 1x12.

Cheers,
    Chris

4. HotRatz

HotRatz Guest

Mar 13, 2003
    Portland, OR
    hey guys, thanks for replying.

how do you guys feel about the rig's (4x8 + 15) volume capacity? have you had any gigs where this wasn't enough power? (esp. chris, cuz we have the same head) i know it would be kick-ass for all small to medium gigs, but any bad experiences? thanx again, y'all.

5. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I play in a trad-rock power-trio, with loud drums, and medium volume guitar. I haven't had any problems with my 15 and 12 yet.

The 4x8 would add a bit of volume to my setup if it replaced the single 12, but I couldn't justify the cost.

It depends on your band, music style, and type of venue.

My setup is more than adequate for me, but for you... Who knows.

Cheers,
    Chris