Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rate it - Ashdown ABM500 w/ Mini 4x8 & 15 rig - who's got it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HotRatz, Mar 14, 2003.

1. HotRatz

HotRatz Guest

Mar 13, 2003
    Portland, OR
    :eek: thinkin about getting this rig, got an ABM 300 now and just selling my Portbass 2x10. usin a thumb 5 NT.
    wonderin what kind of experiences y'all've had, yo.....thanx for sharing. :bassist:

2. No experience with the Ashdown, but the speaker configuration is great! I use an SWR 4x8 and SWR 1x15 with an Eden WT400, or just the 4x8 for rehearsals and small gigs.

3. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I currently have an EVO 300 with the mini 1x12 and mini 1x15.

I tried the 4x8 when I purchased the 1x12, and I loved it! It has a great sound, especially with the 1x15. I just couldn't afford it so I ended up buying the 1x12.

Cheers,
    Chris

4. HotRatz

HotRatz Guest

Mar 13, 2003
    Portland, OR
    hey guys, thanks for replying.

how do you guys feel about the rig's (4x8 + 15) volume capacity? have you had any gigs where this wasn't enough power? (esp. chris, cuz we have the same head) i know it would be kick-ass for all small to medium gigs, but any bad experiences? thanx again, y'all.

5. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I play in a trad-rock power-trio, with loud drums, and medium volume guitar. I haven't had any problems with my 15 and 12 yet.

The 4x8 would add a bit of volume to my setup if it replaced the single 12, but I couldn't justify the cost.

It depends on your band, music style, and type of venue.

My setup is more than adequate for me, but for you... Who knows.

Cheers,
    Chris