1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rate my effects suitcase!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LDonnie, May 31, 2018.

1. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    Because of the new additions (A/O and Polara) I had to retire my old effects suitcase and get a larger one. €2,50 at the goodwill store got me a nice suitcase. Some MDF planks made to size are screwed to the rubber feet underneath the suitcase (to avoid slipping). Stick some velcro on it... Total cost around 15 euros. Very much recommended. This suitcase even has a working lock mechanism.

My current arrangement is effects send -> Multicomp -> b3k -> A/O -> Octamizer -> CE-5 -> Polara -> tuner -> effects return.

The empty space between the chorus and reverb is for a Harley Benton Powerplant Iso-1 power supply Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-1 Pro – Thomann UK

I will be drilling a small hole in the back of the suitcase for the adapter plug of the power supply. The unit is in backorder so I don't have it yet.

IMG_20180531_165315.

Attached Files:

MyMusic, vivaknoxvegas and BassJuju like this.
  2. It it works then no shame, I went a similar route for so many years and still do with my synth board. I use an aluminum camera\tool case so it looks sleek.

LDonnie likes this.
  3. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    tenor.

LDonnie likes this.
  4. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    I give it an 8.5. Functional and cheap, but does it stick the landing?

5. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    I will see if it does when it's complete. I'll post another picture when it is!

6. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    There we go! The new power supply gives off alot of light (which doesn't really bother me), but it's silent in my study room and works just fine.
    IMG_20180616_114458.

Attached Files:

wmmj and lowplaces like this.
  7. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    The latches are the first things to go, perfect alignment is needed and with normal traveling pedal board use the cardboard or leather parts will get bent, so close it carefully. Briefcases aren't meant for much weight.