1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rate my photoshopped image!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by duo8675309, Apr 8, 2006.

1. 5 - Awesome!

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  2. 4 - Pretty good!

37 vote(s)
    69.8%
  3. 3 - Meh...

4 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. 2 - Not feeling it.

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. 1 - Go kill yourself.

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Ok, I saw a tutorial for this certain technique, and I liked the image that they came up with. But when I applied it to my image it looked horrible, so I tried to tweak it to make it look like that. Then When that kind of looked ok, I decided I'd just combine another tutorial that I liked and make an image all my own.

Here's the image I started out with:
    [​IMG]

And here's what I came up with:

[​IMG]

This is my first time to make an image even remotely close to something like this, so it took me about 2 or 3 hours (I forgot) and for those of you who care there are 13 layers. What do you think?
    Dangit I thought I could make a poll on these forums. Oh well, just give me feedback I guess. :smug:

2. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    I don't know the first thing about photoshop but I like it! Very artistic and professional looking to me. Couldn't compare it to the original though, "Page cannot be found."

3. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
  4. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    very nice!

5. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    So thats what it was doing! I didn't know what it was... Thanks. I'll make it an image on the forum now.

EDIT: Dangit, it won't turn into an image. It just keeps making it into a url. Oh well, its not that much work to click a link.

6. I like it!

I'm no Photoshop pro, but if you don't mind my critique.

1. The Nicky Hayden font needs to stick out more.
    2. Try taking out the spot where Hopkins bike was. Not that big of a deal if you didn't know it was there though.
    3. The background looks a bit over exposed on the right side.

Overall a pretty cool effect. Spend a little more time on it and it will look like a pro job.

7. It looks like you used layer transparency instead of the path tools to bring the biker upfront. Or did you just use a very fuzzy selection? Either way, I think it could be a bit more clear. I agree with Chunk-O-Funk's suggestions, especially 1. Looks great otherwise, I'm liking it.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I gave it a Pretty good :)

9. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I gave it an Awesome! because I certainly couldn't do that. I'll have to agree with the comments made thusfar (esp about the visibility of the name).

10. pretty cool :)

11. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I gave it an Awesome.

12. Dude, go kill yourself :p

I'd give it a 3 for difficulty, but definitely executed well.

13. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I voted for "go kill yourself," but just because it made me laugh.

14. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Ok, I tweaked it up a little bit. I'll do a side by side comparison, the first one is the old one and the second one is the new one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    you should put a stroke or slight outer glow on the text to make it more legible. Good job though it looks nice. Where did you find the tutorial for that?