1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rate my rig please!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yayko, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I am new to the forum, but I plan on sticking to it for a long time. I am fairly new to bass guitar as a whole. I have had a bass for about 3 years, but just recently did I start really learning how to play, and proper technique, etc. I just got a new amp and cabinet, I wanted to know what you all think of it.

I use a Gallien Krueger BP 250 Amp and a Gallien Krueger BPX115 cabinet. I don't gig or anything, I jam with friends and practice at a good volume along with music.

Also, I play mostly Funk, Reggae, Jazz, and Tool/RATM-style rock.
    What do you guys think of my rig?:bassist:

2. exidor

exidor

Jul 10, 2011
    Detroit,MI
    Picture pitcher so we can see.

3. Some decent old starter stuff. Will probably outlast me and sound good doing it. ;)

4. No picture no rig LOL. That's how it works here. Not my rig of choice, but the only thing that matters is if you like it. I don't like the rig Yuck.

5. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    i like it as much as you like it

6. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

It's hard to go wrong with GK gear. :D

Please post up a picture so we can see yours. I've already posted several pictures of my GK rig so I won't do it here. If you need to learn how to post pictures, just CLICK HERE.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It's fine. The only person you need to impress with your rig is you.

8. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Good for you .. I had that set-up for a short time myself ... not sure how much you know or want to know about it, but the BP stands for 'Brat Pack'. It was a package that was sold by Musicians Friend a few years back. It was the BL250 head and a BLX 115 cab, with cables and covers for both ... I think that they sold quite a few of them, as it was a very enticing package for the price ... the only caution would be that the head is only recommended for an 8 ohm load minimum, so you dont want to ever run a second 8 ohm cab off of it. Although if I remember correctly, the head only has one output jack, and the cab just the one input jack, so you are pretty safe there.. something to remember though, should you ever find yourself using cabs with more than one parallel input jack ... always fun to have new gear .. enjoy!!

Edit to add: ... outstanding that you took the time to fill your profile out so completely prior to your first post and question .. lots of folks could learn from your example .. welcome to TalkBass !!

9. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay

A picture is worth 1000 words,,,

10. Forrrest

Forrrest

Mar 10, 2013
    i'm rating you a Fish on Orange.
    perfect score would be Orange on Orange, and the worst score would be a Blanket on Orange.
    dont question my scale.

11. I rate that the fishiest post ever.

If the rig does what you want, walk away GAS free.

Interesting comment on the minimum 8ohm loading though. I never heard of a such a SS amp.

12. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Nope. You need a tube amp and a cabinet with at least 8 drivers in it. Otherwise your parents are living far too peaceful of a life.