Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rate My Rig

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I've been very bored today, so i've been working in Paint with Guitargeek things. This is my rig dream rig. Eventually I will have all of them or a variation of them. Tell me what you think of the ordering.

DISCLAIMER: The loooper was made by myself and may or may not be scale size. :bag: I also edited the text for the Phaser and ABY selector. The BR-2 was originally a WR-2 so I had to change the color and text. I also edited the text and color on the 105Q.

[​IMG]

2. Flea666

Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    Alrite its gonna be completely differnt to mine

but ive got the guv'nor and the br-2

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    What no chorus?

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Why's the DT-10 in a loop? That's pretty much unnecessary.

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I forgot to label it as a Tuner Mute. :smug:

And syciprider, I like phasers and flangers better.

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Alright, this is what I will do differently:

I will put the A/B/Y switch immediately after the vol pedal. So that way I will always have my unprocessed tone to hold everything else down while I go crazy on the effects.

7. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    That's a nice set up. I hope it turns out to be all you hope for.

8. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Oh yeah! Smart man you are.

9. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Alright, here's a newly updated rig.

[​IMG]

10. just a question, since i'm planning on getting into the use of effects (slowly and carefully), so far i like the fact that my ODB-3 doesn't have true bypass (seems to make the tone a little more jumpy and bright), but the question is, how do i maintain the tone that i have now that's combined between my bass and it's signal, the amp and it's signal, and the bypass of the pedal, and STILL keep the quality of tone the same even tho i'm adding extra pedals into the mix??? do i change the tone when i turn on other pedals and when i turn off pedals does the tone go back to the way it was?? loopers and things seem so rediculous to me in theory i can't understand it.

11. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Come again? I'm not really understanding what you're saying.

The way a loooper works is that you plug into the loooper, go through the send out to a pedal (or 2 or 3 or whatever) and then come back in of the loooper, then go out of the loooper into your amp or pedal or whatever.

12. i was saying i liked the way that the bass distortion bypassed the signal (it's not true bypass, we know that, but it brightens my signal IMO), but i dont want to have to deal with the signal loss that other pedals would cause.....in that case would i plug from my bass into that pedal, and then send the signal from the OD to the looper and then hook the pedals and send it back to my amp??

13. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    ED ZACHARY!!!!!