1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rate the above person's dream amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FreaqyFrequency, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Same idea as the thread in basses.

Only the pre/power/head/combo and cabs, no tone modifiers or effects please.

Millennia Origin STT-1 Preamp
    QSC PLX1804 Power Amp
    Dr. Bass 2460D Cabinet
    Dr. Bass 1580 Cabinet w/ Beyma 15G40 Speaker

2. Hmmm....dream amp? I guess I could just say as a one rig solution I would get a Sunn 300T with a Berg NV2-15 and 6-10. that should cover any gig I would play.

Pre/power amp setup looks good, why the Millennia? never had any experience with it. Cabs look good, looks like a real hifi rig there FreaqyFrequency.

3. That sounds like it would be pretty cool, but I wouldn't envy you the weight load. 8/10

In amplification, I search for something that, when set flat, gives me the most true representation of my input possible. Having tweakable EQ and Comp onboard also appeals to me, which is why I prefer it over the Avalon.

4. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    That would rock. Sunn and berg NV series means a wall of rock with a good amount of booty to back it up. 9/10

Mine would be a split signal between two amps.

For "Cleanish" it would be through a mesa titan v12 and a powerhouse 810 cab. For the nasty balls to the wall tone, a Mesa 400+ through a powerhouse 412. Run them both at the same time all the time. Crank the 400+ to keep it saturated, then use the 1200 watts of the titan to get a similar volume level with a cleaner sound.

5. DaveF

DaveF

Dec 22, 2007
    New Westminster, BC
    9/10 ^
    But holy smokes, your setup and load in would take weeks!
    The 400+ sounds glorious. Always wanted to play one... :(

My dream rig:
    Sansamp VT
    QSC Power Amp
    Ampeg 610 Cab
    P-Bass

6. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Pre/power ONLY?

Um.

Nothing, then.

7. godspeed68

godspeed68 i'm here for the sound Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Haven't had experience with the VT, but it sounds like a solid setup.

(pre/power only? oops...)

Two Hiwatt Custom 400's - one pushing the NV610, and the other pushing the NV215.

8. No, my apologies.

A head is a pre/power. A combo is a pre/power. What I meant is no tone modifiers/effects other than that.

9. bump.

10. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    That would be one GNARLY setup

I want an

EDEN WP100 NAVIGATOR PREAMP
    EDEN WT1250 POST AMP
    TWO EDEN D410XLT CABS

:bassist: