rate this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cort45, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Cort45

Mar 1, 2002
    US, TX, Austin
    what up bassists??
    I want some opinions on this bass I made. heres a pic:

specs: maple neck, body
    rosewood fretboard
    brass nut
    rio grande pickups
    BAII bridge
    Basslines 3-band tone circuits

go here to download some clips.
  2. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    i kinda like it
  3. if you need someone to take if off your hands... :D
  4. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    The look is obviously a bit cliched, but it sounds great. I love the grinding tone.
  5. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    perhaps you could send to all of us, we could try it out and let you know what we think!;)

it looks nice! Congrats
  6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    looks good to me.. I've never even tried to build a bass.. I would like to.. but i am scared I would botch it
  7. Not the smoothest finish, but definately awesome for a home job! Not bad tone either.
  8. I really dig the gold on natural. I got that with my Carvin.
  9. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    I'll give it a 8 outta 10 cuz it was easy to dance to. Other than that it does have most of the features that I like in a bass. Brass nut... decent bridge... but my personal pet peeve is that I like an angled headstock, but hey 100 million Fender owners can't be wrong.:D

I do like the overall look. Are gonna keep building? looks like you should.
  10. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    wow, i really like that, sounds nice.
  11. Cort45

Mar 1, 2002
    US, TX, Austin
    hey, thanks everyone for replying. I didnt cut the body or neck myself; the neck came from warmoth the body came off ebay but i obviously did the finish myself :rolleyes: . Im glad some of you dig the tone. How do you think it compares to a fender american delux P bass? better, worse or about the same? Im thinking about putting stickers across the front of it to give it some style. what do u all think?
  12. i wouldnt put stickers on it. sometimes a i see a bass and think "hmmm....stickers....", but this is not one of those basses. i say leave it as it is, it looks classy.
  13. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    deffinetly no stickers, it's fine the way it is.
  14. I agree,looks good w/o stickers. I have stickers on my homemade bass. But,it's a total beater,so...
    Nice bass,sounds great,probably about equal to an American Deluxe P-Bass. I bet your electronics would be considered by most to be an upgrade to the Fender. And your bridge is higher quality too. Just my $.02
  15. The body doesn't lend itself too well to stickering. I don't like stickers on natural finishes, personally.

But I think a paint job would be cool, if you're up for it. Stripes or checkerboard.