Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rate this song's difficulty for me please

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by morf, Feb 20, 2006.

1. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    So heres the story. I found a website where there are classifieds for people looking for a band. This is done by level, and I've no idea what my level actually is.

I can play the song KiSS - 100,000 Years flawlessly, took me quite some time and I found this song to be quite difficult. What would you rate this song on a 1-10 difficulty scale so I can have an idea on what approximate level I am?

Thanks in advance

2. orlfl

orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    Orlando
    This is certainly subjective and I do not know how this site's ranking works BUT...

If a pedal E tune is a 1 and a 10 is like (what?) Tumeni Notes (Steve Morse) or one of Vic's solo pieces then this song would be a 3 in my mind. It is a pretty simple riff tune.

No offense. It is great that you can play it flawlessly and there is certainly more to that than just the notes. But as far as notes go this one is not that tough.

3. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Great, thanks :) No worries, I am fully aware that this is probably an easy song for most bassists here. I just want to know how easy a song it is. Riffs have to be played quite fast and it was real hard for me to be constant and play the whole thing repeatedly at the right speed.

4. kipsus

kipsus Physicist

Sep 18, 2005
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    To me, after playing bass for about half a hear, this song sounds challenging. Mostly because of the quick string changes. Cool song anyway and I haven't heard it before. thanks.

5. Could you tell me the name of the site with the musician-classified ads? I need something like that.

6. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    I've been playing for about 5 months so I guess its about right :) The quick string changes was the biggest challenge for me too, but you have to keep at it itll come naturally, really fun song to play, and easy to learn the notes as its repetitive.

I can give you the name of the website (www.guitariste.com) but its in french and the classified are for france only...

7. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    I just remembered if you liked that song, try Let Me Know, really fun to play as well :)

8. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    craigslist.org is where I found my current band. I passed up quite a few offers on there as well.

Make sure to select your local city on the right before browsing or posting.